No announcement yet.

How you rate Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How you rate Cotto?

So in another thread i made,a lot of ppl think that Cotto is overrated and he is nobody,is it truth about Miguel? He done nothing in boxing?I said in my thread that he is not washed up ,and ppl started saying that his to Small well he can be Small and not washed up.How you rate him?

When he is at his best he is still damn good especially when Roach is training him. He put up a good fight against Canelo and Canelo would slaughter most 154 pounders. Even though he lost to Trout on a bad night I would rate him somewhat better than Trout today. I think he beats Bradley, J Rock, or Brook at 154. He would beat Jermell Charlo and be even money with Jermall. He would be an underdog against Lara and Andrade. That is how I rate him. He is a small 154 pounder who can't comfortably make 147 and is way too small to fight at 160.

Comment

the most overrated fighter of the 21st century.

Comment

He isn't washed up but he isn't beating the top top guys at 154.

He has 2 fights left IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          He isn't washed up but he isn't beating the top top guys at 154.

He has 2 fights left IMO.
          But this thread is also about Cotto whole carrere and ppl think that its not worth ****, whats your opinion on this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
            But this thread is also about Cotto whole carrere and ppl think that its not worth ****, whats your opinion on this ?
            I think he had a good career. He busted Floyd up pretty good too.

That power jab

Comment

One of the most overrated fighters ever.

Comment

Very good in his prime which is long gone.

The last few years under Roach have been a bit of a false dawn. He dined out on beating a shot to bits disabled Martinez and had some fights that made him look good. He can't beat young healthy very good fighters anymore, Trout showed that, Canelo too and any of the top fighters at 154 today will show it.

He's had a good career and will definitely make the HOF, but you have to be realistic...at almost 36 and after a lot of tough fights, he isn't going to get any better, he will probably decline quite rapidly from here i think.

Comment

With the exception of not having much of a right hand and being susceptible to uppercuts throughout his career, I'd say he's a good all around fighter. Still has a lot left in him.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                    Very good in his prime which is long gone.

The last few years under Roach have been a bit of a false dawn. He dined out on beating a shot to bits disabled Martinez and had some fights that made him look good. He can't beat young healthy very good fighters anymore, Trout showed that, Canelo too and any of the top fighters at 154 today will show it.

He's had a good career and will definitely make the HOF, but you have to be realistic...at almost 36 and after a lot of tough fights, he isn't going to get any better, he will probably decline quite rapidly from here i think.
                    Thats on point ,im talking about Cotto carrere as whole here ,i agree his HoFer .I have no words for ppl saying that he is most overrated boxers in 21 century

Comment

Working...
                    X