Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price Willing To Replace Klitschko, Fight Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in front row for this fight is in danger.

Joshua most likely knocks Price's lanky ass over the ring ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by DonutHunter View Post
      When were the top guys ever fighting each other? Boxing has always been this way, at least in recent history. The top guys has always been ducking each other while fighting overmatched opponents to pad their records and collect easy pay checks.
      Not to this extent.I didn't realize at the time but even the 90s were an age where fighters actually got together in a reasonable amount of time.Holyfield Lewis Moorer ect did manage to get together more often than not,certainly not taking years and years to tangle.It's pretty depressing at times nowadays.God I sound old.

Comment

I guess David Price enjoys being KO'd. Had hope for the Vlad fight. Seems less likely as the days go by though.

Comment

Honestly I thought joshua should have fought price a few years ago when joshua was still a prospect.. It would have been a good fight for joshua to hone his craft vs a guy that his beatable and chinny, but still young, tall, rangy, and decent power, plus has a name and some big fight experience.. Perfect opponent for Joshua to grow from..

But now Joshua is a champ, and I really have no desire to see him fight price

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
            Just no, lol. Pricey was getting sparked cold in the amateurs. Anyone who followed him knew he wasn't going anywhere.
            This site had a lot of David Price nuthuggers until the Thompson fight. Even after he lost they called the Thompson fight a fluke & thought he would avenge his loss. The avatars changed rapidly, the posters came down off the wall & the David Price underwear got thrown in the dumpster...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              This site had a lot of David Price nuthuggers until the Thompson fight. Even after he lost they called the Thompson fight a fluke & thought he would avenge his loss. The avatars changed rapidly, the posters came down off the wall & the David Price underwear got thrown in the dumpster...
              ^This. The hype was incredible, with people saying he was clearly the best in the division, ready for Klitschko right now, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                Anyone in front row for this fight is in danger.

Joshua most likely knocks Price's lanky ass over the ring ropes.
                I was pretty surprised but in his last fight he showed up looking much bigger. It was the first thing I noticed. He was 278lbs. He was 271 the fight before that & 249 when he lost to Teper. He put on almost 30lbs of muscle since the Teper loss. I'm interested to see if it helps him absorb punches better. He doesn't look lanky anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
                  Not to this extent.I didn't realize at the time but even the 90s were an age where fighters actually got together in a reasonable amount of time.Holyfield Lewis Moorer ect did manage to get together more often than not,certainly not taking years and years to tangle.It's pretty depressing at times nowadays.God I sound old.
                  Those were the end of the golden days in boxing. We got most if not all the fights we wanted to see back then and the top guys were never afraid to fight one another. This sport is turning into a joke now though. All these fighters care about is money and they WILL take the lowest risk for the highest reward as they have no regard for their legacy. The top dogs constantly duck each other and collect paychecks beating on bar brawlers and taxi drivers.

Comment

Working...
                  X