Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arthur Abraham..how do you rank his pro career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
    Had 10 title defenses of the IBF at 160
    moved up to 168

2 time WBO champ at 168
    6 title defenses of the WBO at 168

wins over

Jermain Taylor
    Edison Miranda-2 times
    Martin Murray
    Look player, we gonna meet and go eat some ribs and **** in Tennessee.
    Someday that's gonna happen.

But, this right here, remember when King Aurther had his jaw broke, face hanging and fought on. I salute him, he my man. I'll cut for him all day everyday.

How are you doing? Your son is a great basketball player.
    Great handles.

Comment

Nothing special, he spent most of his career fighting in Germany against C level opponents. He got badly exposed when he tried to make the step up in the super six. Do you really think he would have claimed a belt in any other era of MW history? I dont think so.

Comment

He is an ATG

Comment

Absolutely solid B-level fighter. Very strong MW potential, punching above his level at 168, but definitely a solid champ.

Gatti is in the HOF. That's all everybody needs to know...
          Judah is HOF level, Baldomir HOF level, Artur is HOF level....

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
            Absolutely solid B-level fighter. Very strong MW potential, punching above his level at 168, but definitely a solid champ.

Gatti is in the HOF. That's all everybody needs to know...
            Judah is HOF level, Baldomir HOF level, Artur is HOF level....
            Gatti was in 4 Fotys, very popular (fame) and died young. Baldo and Judah aren't even gonna get nominated, nm get in

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Gatti was in 4 Fotys, very popular (fame) and died young. Baldo and Judah aren't even gonna get nominated, nm get in
              I go by resume & accomplishments.
              Those 3 fighters all achieved more & accomplished greater things in their respective careers. Being in "FOTY" "famous" or "action-packed" doesn't mean anything to me and it shouldn't towards qualifying in HOF.

Comment

i use to **** on abraham because he made me so fustrated. he had the chance to beat top elite guys but would shell up too much. apart from that looking back he was a very very solid guy. anyone who says other wise is trolling or ether nut hugger hanging for golovkin as always on here. abraham really only lost to ward & froch in his prime. dirrell he lost that one too but it was due to DQ and i felt abraham was really coming on in that fight looking for a knock down or knock out. 5 fights later he lost to Stieglitz in which he avenged. even shot to **** beating golovkins best win in Murray.

the guy was solid........only golovkin nut hangers think other wise. u gotta ask yourself would golovkin beat prime ward or froch at 168? even prime dirrell at a full fledged 168 (never mind the amateurs) would he even fight someone like ward at 168? the answer to that is no. stop attacking abraham for something that golovkin wouldn't even dream of doing.
                Last edited by Godsfly; 10-20-2016, 04:23 AM.

Comment

He's talentless and nothing special skills but very resistant and solid fighter. He can beat B level boxers in Germany but no chance outside Germany. I remember his amazing performance against Edison Miranda in 2006. His jaw had been broken in the match but he contiuned and beat Miranda. Already he knocks him out in the second match.

When he fight against talented boxers like Andre Ward, Carl Froch and Gilberto Ramirez, he was helpless. Finally, I think he's not A class fighter but I can not say too bad fighter. His maximum performance B level. Respect Arthur ''King'' Abraham!

Comment

Talented boxer. Solid and formidable career. Probably could have been even better if he trusted his offense more than his defense.

Comment

Very good fighter. Kept all elite fighter honest, as he was a KO threat against anyone in his prime, Carl Froch had to box behind a jab against him, so that shows the level of respect for his punching power, but at the same time outlines his limitations, especially at 168. All-round elite fighters would beat him, but you needed either good defence or a good chin, or both.

Miranda win was good, Taylor win was very good, Stieglitz is not a bad fighter either.

Unfortunately for him he came up against a very good 168 pound division and got beat against the very best. At least he found out how good he was.

Comment

Working...
                      X