Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG vs Kelly Pavlik who wins? Whos's the better middleweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
    the sergio that fought williams beats up 3g with ease.
    Nah. I don't rate Williams that high. His record his nonexistent above 147. He barely has a record at 147 and nearly all of that is erased by him being slapped around by Quitana.

Golovkin batters Martinez from either William fights and Williams himself. No debate the fights wouldn't be close.

Do you feel Williams was special? Above 147? Why?

Lets talk about fighters who would actually stand chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
      Nah. I don't rate Williams that high. His record his nonexistent above 147. He barely has a record at 147 and nearly all of that is erased by him being slapped around by Quitana.

Golovkin batters Martinez from either William fights and Williams himself. No debate the fights wouldn't be close.

Do you feel Williams was special? Above 147? Why?

Lets talk about fighters who would actually stand chance.
      i dont think pw was special but the sergio that fought him was. 3g never fought a guy like sergio; speed, power, lefty and a chin. i feel 3g would have beaten pw as well. sol might have been too big even at mw.

the biggest problem with pw was he CONSTANTLY smothered his own punches. he was his worst opponent. i dont see flaws with prime sergio. his pride got him fncked up in the final rd vs sol. had he just boxed and cruised to the wide ud, he might still be fighting.

i see 3g beating most face first types like j jackson (ill give 3g the benefit of the doubt he could take jj's punch a couple of times).

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
        i dont think pw was special but the sergio that fought him was. 3g never fought a guy like sergio; speed, power, lefty and a chin. i feel 3g would have beaten pw as well. sol might have been too big even at mw.

the biggest problem with pw was he CONSTANTLY smothered his own punches. he was his worst opponent. i dont see flaws with prime sergio. his pride got him fncked up in the final rd vs sol. had he just boxed and cruised to the wide ud, he might still be fighting.

i see 3g beating most face first types like j jackson (ill give 3g the benefit of the doubt he could take jj's punch a couple of times).
        I promise you friend Martinez wasn't special. He was kind of an athletic freak but without that deep amateur background, he would never have the tools to beat Golovkin. There're things you learn in the amateur that you just don't have the time to learn when starting boxing at 20.

I feel Martinez is certainly Hall of Fame worthy but I followed most of his career and you can tell he struggles with well-disciplined fighters (Pavlik, Murray, Macklin, Barker) and his natural gifts pulled him out in the end. This gifts won't be enough against one of the most prolific amateurs ever who quite frankly has a style that would be Martinez's worst nightmare.

There's a reason Martinez never wanted to face Golovkin but instead Murray and Barker and there's a reason that Martinez has such high praise for Golovkin.

He knows a fight between them would have resulted in him winning the first 4 rounds before being cut-off and beaten around the ring.

Skills trump style. I can't see how the guy that was down on the scorecards through 8 and dropped by Macklin is going to win more than 4 rounds against a vastly more gifted fighter with more experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
          I promise you friend Martinez wasn't special. He was kind of an athletic freak but without that deep amateur background, he would never have the tools to beat Golovkin. There're things you learn in the amateur that you just don't have the time to learn when starting boxing at 20.

I feel Martinez is certainly Hall of Fame worthy but I followed most of his career and you can tell he struggles with well-disciplined fighters (Pavlik, Murray, Macklin, Barker) and his natural gifts pulled him out in the end. This gifts won't be enough against one of the most prolific amateurs ever who quite frankly has a style that would be Martinez's worst nightmare.

There's a reason Martinez never wanted to face Golovkin but instead Murray and Barker and there's a reason that Martinez has such high praise for Golovkin.

He knows a fight between them would have resulted in him winning the first 4 rounds before being cut-off and beaten around the ring.

Skills trump style. I can't see how the guy that was down on the scorecards through 8 and dropped by Macklin is going to win more than 4 rounds against a vastly more gifted fighter with more experience.
          opinions, eh ?

Comment

Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
            Marco Antonio Rubio was KO'd by a past prime Pavlik, but then went on to KO David Lemieux so by your boxrec logic that you use to discredit every other fighter I'd have to say Pavlik KOs Lemieux.
            It took Pavlik 9 rounds to do so, it took GGG 2.

Comment

Golovkin. Actually all typed out and can't be bothered to break it down.

Decent fight but Golovkin breaks Kelly down latish.

Comment

Haven't seen GGG fight anyone as good as Pavlik, so I can't say yet.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                  It took Pavlik 9 rounds to do so, it took GGG 2.
                  That guy said David Lemieux KOs Pavlik, which I disagreed with based on Lemieux's fight with Rubio. GGG vs Pavlik is a whole different story. I think if GGG got Pavlik hurt like JT did he'd finish the job, but Pavlik would hang in for a bit.

Comment

I like that fight, would be fun while it lasted. Both guys could take a shot but I think that GGG could take Pavlik's but not the other way around. GGG via TKO-mid rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
                      Marco Antonio Rubio was KO'd by a past prime Pavlik, but then went on to KO David Lemieux so by your boxrec logic that you use to discredit every other fighter I'd have to say Pavlik KOs Lemieux.
                      How was that not prime Pavlik? He looked at his best in that fight. He did virtually nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X