Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Kovalev Will Need More Than Power, I'm Not Afraid!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Kovalev Will Need More Than Power, I'm Not Afraid!

WBO/IBF/WBA light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev (30-0, 26KOs) is one of the most feared fighters in boxing. Many regard him as one of the hardest punchers, pound-for-pound, in the sport.

[Click Here To Read More]

i just wish this fight was gonna be in oakland kovalev really enjoys beating his opponents in front of there home town crowd

Comment

Pretty sure that wards never faced power like kovalevs. Closest thing I can think of would be boone.

Comment

There's a mental aspect of it that people aren't paying attention to.... I think even if Ward gets hurt he won't shell up like Hopkins, he will readjust and keep going.

I think Ward is saying that just because Kovalev can hurt him doesn't mean that he will keep him from implementing his own plan.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
          Pretty sure that wards never faced power like kovalevs. Closest thing I can think of would be boone.
          I think Froch and Kessler both hit harder than Boone who only has a 24%ko ratio. But I agree Ward will be shocked at least temporarily.

Comment

The key for Kov will be to actually land a good shot on Ward. In that regard, Ward is right. You need more than power. Ward is very slick and deceptively strong on the inside, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Comment

talking about not being afraid is kinda contradictory imo. if you are not afraid don't bring it up

Comment

If Hop and Chilemba went the distance, he sure as **** ain't KO'ing Ward and even though Kovalev has good boxing skills it won't be enough.

Ward wins a comfortable decision.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                  Kovalev has not seen anything like Ward. He's in for a RUDE awakening if he thinks punching power alone will be enough to win this fight. IT WON'T.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                    Kovalev has not seen anything like Ward. He's in for a RUDE awakening if he thinks punching power alone will be enough to win this fight. IT WON'T.
                    Punching power alone almost never is at the top level, nonetheless it IS a factor. TBH though I think Ward's biggest challenge will be controlling Kovalevs movement. Still can't make a decisive call on this fight though. I been sitting on the fence so long the splinters have got splinters.

Comment

Working...
                    X