Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Premier Boxing Champions is Far From Over, Says Promoter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As fans why would anyone on here be cheering for the demise of PBC? I don't understand the hatred people have for one or another, I don't really care what channel the fights are on just put them on. A lot of times I have found the shows featuring prospects seem to be the most entertaining then anything else...Shobox, and the Toe to Toe on FS1.

Comment

Things in boxing been very slow without it that is for sure WOW! Sometimes you don't realize what you have until it is Gone or in this case goes on Hiatus. Anybody who works in the Boxing Media rooting AGAINST PBC is a ***ing IDIOT, they will barely have any work if no PBC as you can see for the last couple of months

Lets hope for the sake of boxing and for all those fighters on that Roster that something is being finalized that will assure all the fighters future going forward and they will no longer have to worry about anything.

I think it should just be CBS/Showtime and Fox/Fox Sports 1 who already have somewhat of a Partnership. FS1 is said to be extremely happy with the Tuesday Night Boxing Stuff so I guess we just have to wait and see
      Last edited by sicko; 10-17-2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

The only aspect I dislike of PBC is the over paying of fighters and that's not because I don't want them not to earn good money. It's because it makes them fighting quality opposition difficult when they're getting paid so well to fight E level fighters they aren't eager to jump in with a live body for the same or a little more, doing the maths it should be at least double or close and that's not profitable.

Now look at Loma vs Walters, a grade A fight, both should be getting paid at least $1m each but because they aren't PBC, Walters especially is getting a lot less which is unfortunate since that's a fight where both fighters DESERVE to see good money.

Comment

great news!! i was worried i was going to miss out on all the amazing, competitive PBC shows, cause theyve been brilliant, i particularly enjoyed garcia v salka, spence v bundu, wilder v arreola, broner v theophane and i cant wait for garcia v samuel vargas to finish the year on a high. The undercards are always stacked too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            great news!! i was worried i was going to miss out on all the amazing, competitive PBC shows, cause theyve been brilliant, i particularly enjoyed garcia v salka, spence v bundu, wilder v arreola, broner v theophane and i cant wait for garcia v samuel vargas to finish the year on a high. The undercards are always stacked too!!!
            another boxing "fan" bytcheing about more boxing available on more media outlets.

WTF is a hardcore g string ball gagger doing bytching about non competitive fights for? Pot....Kettle......Black

Comment

The hatred for PBC goes much deeper than boxing. The roots for that type of hatred goes deep into the fabric of the world we live in. Me personally, I don't care so much for the mismatch fights that were put on by PBC, but I do understand it. PBC was trying to introduce the sport and some of its best fighters to nonboxing fans and those new to the sport. Now that some of their best fighters have showcased their abilities against lesser opponents, you will see them fighting each other. You will see more great fights like Thurman vs Porter. Its all about strategy. Soon, we will be seeing Wilder vs Joshua, Garcia vs Thurman, and so many more. Why? Because Haymon has so so many great fighters in their prime, and more importantly, he has a lot of up and comers. What will the haters say then??? They will find something, that's what haters do.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                The hatred for PBC goes much deeper than boxing. The roots for that type of hatred goes deep into the fabric of the world we live in. Me personally, I don't care so much for the mismatch fights that were put on by PBC, but I do understand it. PBC was trying to introduce the sport and some of its best fighters to nonboxing fans and those new to the sport. Now that some of their best fighters have showcased their abilities against lesser opponents, you will see them fighting each other. You will see more great fights like Thurman vs Porter. Its all about strategy. Soon, we will be seeing Wilder vs Joshua, Garcia vs Thurman, and so many more. Why? Because Haymon has so so many great fighters in their prime, and more importantly, he has a lot of up and comers. What will the haters say then??? They will find something, that's what haters do.
                Thats been my thought for awhile now.

No one knew Spence, Thurman barely known, Porter somewhat just cause of Broner fight, Garcia was big already but now he's real for the other "known" fighters. An that can be said of other fighters with PBC too. Build them up and brand is what they were doing in the first 2 years IMO.

1. Get brand out there
                2. Get advertisements, sponsorships, etc..
                3. Make money on "tent events" (fights)

Thats how i saw it and how i would have done it. Is this the way PBC is doing it? IDK cause I'm sure its harder than we all think but fighters and brand are primed now to take off

Comment

PBC will be part of boxing whether fans like it or not. Now do I think platforms such as NBC and ESPN continue showcasing PBC on their networks? No. Numbers have dwindled and fights have gotten worse.

But I think Spike will cut a deal similar to the Showtime/CBS deal that was done.

Fox still up in the air. Not sure if ratings have gotten better or worse.

But I think Showtime, CBS, and Spike will for sure be part of the PBC Series for years to come.

Comment

It's free boxing on tv. No complaints here.

Fans just need to adjust their viewing habits and accept fights as they come, however random and mismatched they may be. I just root for the underdogs and there you go. It's exhilarating when upsets happen, albeit rare they may be. If Haymon continues to overpay his top fighters in meaningless fights, no problem. It's not my money. I've long noticed that the man is just basically fond of making showcase fights. It's been that way for a long time since his days at HBO and SHO. You can recall Berto and others...

Comment

PBC whining always kills me. How dare Haymon try to expand the boxing audience beyond the hardcore 60-year olds that watch on HBO?

Comment

Working...
                      X