Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew Destroys BJ Flores, Drops Him 4 Times For KO in 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thurman View Post
    NYCsmooth!

Haha you're the guy who BJ was calling out on Boxingscene.

You're like his biggest hater. He'll be back soon challenging you to come spar with him at Gleason's gym.
    That does not surprise me that he calls out people here. I also saw BJ challenge flyweight fighters on Twitter LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACK1190 View Post
      One of the very rare times I back the yank instead of one of our own. I ****ing hate Bellew, his act is so fake and unsincere. Can't stand the guy and will be hoping to see him knocked out.
      Bellew may not be the most talented, but he's relentless and works hard... seems to take on any challenge. Does talk too much though.

Comment

• Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
        Flores hasn't got a prayer. Durable guy, though. Should be a suitable punching bag for 8 or 9 rounds.

Matthews-Campbell is the interesting fight on this card. Campbell came out with a bunch of excuses after his loss, but this is a fight he can't afford to lose if he ever wants to convert his amateur pedigree into the big leagues. If he can't beat Matthews - who has a legitimate puncher's chance, even though he'll get outboxed for 90% of each round - then he's never going to make it.

The Burnett fight should be a bit of a procession, but he's worth watching out for. Future champ.
        Did he end up having a prayer?

I missed the fight lol.

Worth watching?

Comment

• To be fair he's really good at beating the lower leveled fighters. He has an 8 fight win streak since his loss to Stevenson, and the guy Makabu in his last fight had 19 wins and 18 KO's and undefeated since his debut fight in 2008. I think Bellew is an overachiever, he's had a pretty good career and at least his 2 losses are to notable names. He will likely lose to Haye, but he's done good for himself

Comment

• The best part of this fight was Bellew having another go at Haye ringside.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Did he end up having a prayer?

I missed the fight lol.

Worth watching?
              He didn't, no. Won the first round on my card, but Bellew pretty much executed him after that. Fun while it lasted, with a nice bit of controversy thrown in for good measure. Worth 8 minutes of your time!

Campbell very, very impressive, though I think Matthews should hang up the gloves as his punch resistance is clearly on the wane and his reflexes/punch speed (neither of which were ever a real asset in the first place) have slowed down. Going to end up a brain-damaged tomato can for up-and-comers.

Burnett-Farrag is a good scrap in the first half, with Burnett showing his quality later on. Well worth a watch. He'll be a fringe world title contender by the end of next year.
              Last edited by E10Rifle; 10-16-2016, 02:38 AM.

Comment

• Everything Tony said was spot on about Haye. I reckon Haye wins but won't be as easy as people think. Hayes been in active for such a long time now. Let's be truthful, Haye has been shocking as an heavyweight. If it's made at catchweight, Bellew as a chance, made at HW. Haye all day

Comment

• I think David Haye destroys Bellew.

Comment

• What was Haye's last fight weight ? 215-220 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                      What was Haye's last fight weight ? 215-220 ?
                      224lbs

Haye will make Bellew move up.

Comment

Working...
                      X