Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Starts Training Camp Next Week For 12/10, Says Sanchez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin Starts Training Camp Next Week For 12/10, Says Sanchez

For the time being, IBF/IBO/WBA/WBC middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (36-0, 33KOs) is scheduled to fight on December 10th. The hope is that he will face WBA 'regular' champion and mandatory challenger Danny Jacobs.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I commend Golovkin for being the fighter he is, there's no doubt he hasn't beat a elite opossition kind of guy but he's destroying what they put in front of him.

I think he's good for boxing and I like his style, he's always aiming for the KO, but in all honesty he needs to start being a little less businessman if he really wants to get the big fights and the marquee names.

Golovkin needs to pay his opponents well if he wants to be less avoided, if his team keeps being greedy he won't get big fights who cuold've been made.

And not just he, but all fighters need to put foot on earth and realize that they no Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao's, everyone has to be realistic with their purses and stop asking money that doesn't exist.

For the sake of boxing.

Comment

Love when this dude fights.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
        I commend Golovkin for being the fighter he is, there's no doubt he hasn't beat a elite opossition kind of guy but he's destroying what they put in front of him.

I think he's good for boxing and I like his style, he's always aiming for the KO, but in all honesty he needs to start being a little less businessman if he really wants to get the big fights and the marquee names.

Golovkin needs to pay his opponents well if he wants to be less avoided, if his team keeps being greedy he won't get big fights who cuold've been made.

And not just he, but all fighters need to put foot on earth and realize that they no Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao's, everyone has to be realistic with their purses and stop asking money that doesn't exist.

For the sake of boxing.
        Well, yes, but what about when Jacobs and Saunders are thought to be asking for $3 million + ??

Comment

Well according to that Sherdog insider, Jacobs started his camp weeks ago and is already sparring with Chad Dawson & Erislandy Lara, b/c they have similar styles to GGG....

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            Well, yes, but what about when Jacobs and Saunders are thought to be asking for $3 million + ??
            3mil for Saunders is doable. In the UK .
            Unfortunately jacobs is 1mil fighter at best with his following.

Comment

$3 million is a lil much but if it's for something you want like the LAST title you pay for it. He could always make up the $$$$$$$ later with Canelo. I just don't understand boxing politics? I would rather see a fight with those two then paying some can $500K!

Comment

Exactly....Greed can go both ways. I'm very much under the impression that nobody fights for free, and the ultimate goal is to be THE champion. This puts you a top dog and brings forth $$$. To make big money, you have to beat the big money fighter or the champion of your division. Don't take short change, of course, but I feel that anything equal to or above a purse bid percentage split is always more than fair when a challenger goes for the main man's top spot.

Comment

Hopefully this is for Jacobs

Comment

Traslation for steve buttboy kimchi : Ggg will fight another mismatch......

Comment

Working...
                    X