No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara blows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    He can't speak English, Had to get by on that and the Cuban fanbase is nothing compared to the Mexican fanbase in America. If Canelo was Cuban he would be nowhere.
    If Canelo looked like the average mestizo he'd be nowhere.

Comment

It's that he has no English skills

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        He's like Mayweather but with less skill and no personality. Every single Golovkin thread he gets mentioned like he's the Boogeyman to GGG but he couldn't even beat Canelo. Yeah, Canelo actually beat him. He did. The end.
        Lara's skillset is too complicated for your pea brain mammoth, go watch curling.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
          Outpointing is what Mayweather did to ODLH or what Bradley did to Vargas. Lara literally ran from Canelo.
          You hit me once; I hit you twice. I've outpointed you. It's as simple as that. The method in which a fighter accomplishes this act doesn't factor into the equation. It may mean something to the fans, but it means nothing to the scoring. Lara made me roll my eyes a couple of times with his method, but it seemed to me he scored more often than Canelo. It's been often said, and I'll repeat it here, it's the aggressor's job to cut off the ring and contain his opponent. It's been done since the dawn of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            I don't like Lara at all myself, but I thought he outpointed Canelo. Oh well.
            Ok cubanguy

Comment

Lara was ready to jump out of the goddamn ring against Canelo. That performance was disgraceful. Fighting Canelo's leftovers is a waste of time for GGG. How do you look good against a slapping sprinter?

Comment

You hit me once; I hit you twice. I've outpointed you. It's as simple as that. The method in which a fighter accomplishes this act doesn't factor into the equation. It may mean something to the fans, but it means nothing to the scoring. Lara made me roll my eyes a couple of times with his method, but it seemed to me he scored more often than Canelo. It's been often said, and I'll repeat it here, it's the aggressor's job to cut off the ring and contain his opponent. It's been done since the dawn of boxing.
                I'm a Lara fan and he lost that fight. Too many close rounds, but Canelo was the agressor the whole time. Canelo wins.

Comment

In amature scoring yeah, but if you open hand sprint-slap me twice and I powershot your head back once I win. Canelo literally landed every meaningful punch in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                    I'm a Lara fan and he lost that fight. Too many close rounds, but Canelo was the agressor the whole time. Canelo wins.
                    Yep, a lot of close rounds. Yep, Canelo was the aggressor. I still thought Lara outscored Alvarez. Am I going to argue about it? No. It was a close fight. Truth is, I thought Lara deserved to lose. He needed to do better to get the nod versus boxing's new golden calf.

Comment

This thread blows. It has no skill or personality

Comment

Working...
                      X