Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: WBA Denies Request To Modify Purse Bid Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roc nation did it for Cotto against Connello and the fight got made. We will all see if Pbc does the same for Jacobs and then we all see who's ducking who. Facts So stop it with the GGG ducking posts you all sound lame . Only one who's going to duck is Jacobs . "And you know this man " smoke dog style

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      Doesnt Al Haymon care about paying his fighters well?? He could just bid $12M for the fight, so Jacobs gets his $3M right?
      exactly. He probably has $12 million under the seat cushions of his G4.........

Comment

If we take Sherdog's thread at face value, this may have been a play that Danny's promoters did to see if they can get a better split with K2. He said they agreed on 70/30 right? What if Jacobs said "we'll try to ask WBA for a change" to get them more leverage?

I wouldn't be surprised if K2 said "sure, you do that. But if it doesn't work, you take 65/35 instead of 70/30".

IMO fight still has a high chance of being made. I'd put money on an announcement coming before the purse bid.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          sounds like K2 promotions.
          Whose the super champ and who's the paper champ of the Wba. Who's bringing the Wbc ibf, Wba and Ibo titles to the negotiations. Of course GGG deserves 75/25 sounds about right to me. But according to you fan boys troll/ haters , Jacobs deserves more money. How in the he'll does that work. I'm Still dumbfounded how some Of you think. K2 trying to destroy the fight. Wow hate runs deep.

Comment

What the dickfart. This division is tripping over itself so ****ing badly. If this fight doesn't happen I'm gonna be pissed, even more so for what the ramifications are. It would set such a bad example of why this sport is turning into a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              If we take Sherdog's thread at face value, this may have been a play that Danny's promoters did to see if they can get a better split with K2. He said they agreed on 70/30 right? What if Jacobs said "we'll try to ask WBA for a change" to get them more leverage?

I wouldn't be surprised if K2 said "sure, you do that. But if it doesn't work, you take 65/35 instead of 70/30".

IMO fight still has a high chance of being made. I'd put money on an announcement coming before the purse bid.
              then there would be 50 threads about "K2 changed the deal!!! they ducking jacobs!!!!" lol

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Well, that's that. 75-25 is terrible. I don't like 60-40 either. Such a shame they couldn't find common ground between 30-35%.
                I agree. Jacobs is obviously worth more than 25%. He's not as big of a name as Golovkin, but he's still bringing something to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by DocGreenThumb. View Post
                  How in the f ck is Jacobs worth 40% . Just
                  Cause he's with Al Haymon and Pbc who have over price their fighters and match them against no hoppers. I'm glad the Wba stuck to their rules with these begging assses. By the way tell Haymon to come up with the difference for the purse Jacobs wants.
                  He's worth 25%. Just saying the GGG trolls will jump out and cry in a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                    I agree. Jacobs is obviously worth more than 25%. He's not as big of a name as Golovkin, but he's still bringing something to the table.
                    He's reallllllllllllllllllllllllly not. There's absolutely no measure by which Jacobs is even worth 25%. You can look at their live gates, their TV viewership numbers, their internet popularity... anything at all. If Danny wasn't with Haymon he would be fighting for 500k as an undercard fighter.

Here's interest over time per Google.
                    https://www.google.com/trends/explor...%2Fm%2F03mc1pk

Comment

It'd be funny if Golden Boy wins the purse bid and promotes the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X