Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: WBA Denies Request To Modify Purse Bid Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG needs to do what Kovalev did. Take less money to make fights. Kovalev could have *****ed about taking less money to fight Pascal and Hopkins, he didn't , he took less money and beat both of them. GGG isn't willing to do that for anyone so he gets stuck paying bums under 500,000 to fight him. K2 isn't going to pay Jacobs enough money that's why they want to go to purse bid so GGG will get 75%. If they're not offering Jacobs at least 1.5 mil, he should pass on the fight and chase a fight with Saunders or Canelo. K2 would have never paid Brooks 5 mil to fight GGG, only reason that fight got made was because Hearn was cutting the checks

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      It'll be interesting to see how much K2 thinks this fight is worth. I know Jacobs isn't Canelo but other than Canelo this is the most anticipated fight for GGG.
      I don't see anyone but K2 bidding on the fight. Haymon isn't going to give GGG 75% and even if he wins bid K2 would probably have to withdraw or get Sue'd by HBO. Who would immediately block the fight.

Question is how much would you bid knowing no one else is going to give a serious bid?? Its probably going to be between $3-5 million.

Comment

I don't see Jacobs taking this fight now. If the bid is 4M, Jacobs only gets 1M. The bid would have to be 8M for Jacobs to even get 2M.

If they don't come to an agreement, Jacobs will vacate IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Al doesn't have to pay GGG 75%. This is an open bid. Any promoter in good standing with the WBA can bid on the fight
          Has any promotor ever bid on a major fight without their fighters being involved??? I mean you should get your $$$$ back as long as you don't bid too crazy.The fighters purse is already agreed upon. The only issue would be if your in good standing with HBO??? As I don't see how you could do a bidding war between HBO and Showtime with GGG contractually signed with HBO??

Comment

Just make the ****ing fight or **** off. Seriously, if it doesn't happen the side responsible can piss off.

Comment

Just take the freakin' fight and bust GGG in the mouth. Jacobs wants to get paid like he already beat him.

Comment

I hope they can come to some sort of resolution. I hesitate to try to be a prophet about the outcome before anything is confirmed.

If this doesn't work out, I was thinking Saunders who has recently said he would step up to the plate but he's got a fight scheduled.

It's bad for both guys, but I feel like Jacobs may have even fewer options than GGG if this goes south.

SURE HOPE THIS GETS MADE.

Comment

He'll vacade and move on. If team GGG woulda gave they would look desperate. And GB would have a field day when negotiations for the Alvarez fight came up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    I don't see anyone but K2 bidding on the fight. Haymon isn't going to give GGG 75% and even if he wins bid K2 would probably have to withdraw or get Sue'd by HBO. Who would immediately block the fight.

Question is how much would you bid knowing no one else is going to give a serious bid?? Its probably going to be between $3-5 million.
                    Any credible promoter who plans on bidding will usually go to the bid with (at least) 2 envelopes. One will be a low or minimum bid if no other promoters are present, and the other will be their "real" bid if other promoters are presenting bids also.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                      He will vacate its smart decison,25% is not worth it.
                      Maybe. Hard to see where Jacobs goes from here if he doesn't fight GGG though. 168 maybe? If K2 have offered him 30% as some have suggested he should probably take it. The rewards are high if he wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X