Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To be remembered as a "boxing great", do you have to share the ring with big names?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    So, no one in a Golovkin type situation (dominates everyone, all of whom are forgettable) has gone down as a memorable fighter?
    i see what you are trying to do here...

Comment

Unfortunately, yeah. There's a reason marketing works. History remembers who you beat, not how old they were and the circumstances.

That's why we have these boards.. so we can argue with knowledge and facts.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        i see what you are trying to do here...
        Please do explain then. I'd love to hear this from an intellectual giant such as yourself.

Comment

Absolutely! Resume is and will always been one of the requirements for greatness and it determine how high people will rate you ALL TIME. Rules are not going to change for today's fighters

The Bar has been set HIGH in this sport by many All Time Greats and boxing Historians and Diehards are NOT going to lower that bar so that your favorite fighter can be mentioned among the GREATS that is not going to happen sorry

Admit it, Oscar De La Hoya if he didn't fight Mayweather and Pacquiao, I don't think they become the Superstars that they became! Oscar had the following, the fans and all that stuff long before fighting them. Say what you want about Oscar but he allowed the opportunity for the torch to be taken from him by at least stepping in with them even though he was on the decline by then and vs Pacquiao he was already done but regardless he was still a huge draw during his decline but Oscar seen the bigger picture especially while he was transitioning to being a full time promoter

Mayweather and Pacquiao didn't haven't done that, 1 guy Protected his 0 while the other guy Promoter protects his fighters Value so he could continue to make money off of him. So Post Mayweather and Pacquiao ERA is like boxing trying to start completely OVER from the ground up that is how forgettable their ERA is. It did NOTHING positive for the sport of boxing...NOTHING!
          Last edited by sicko; 10-12-2016, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            Unfortunately, yeah. There's a reason marketing works. History remembers who you beat, not how old they were and the circumstances.

That's why we have these boards.. so we can argue with knowledge and facts.
            these boards are to call people bums and duckers. facts? lmao no. if that were the case people would see that pac beat floyd by landing more punches, better quality punches, better defense, etc...we have the videos and proof, but proof doesn't matter when you really want something your way. the videos were edited! they missed all of floyd's punches that didn't happen! floyd was in control somehow even though he was outlanded. makes no sense but they say it anyway.

Comment

Of course...

Comment

Joe Louis, widely considered to be one of the greatest ever lived, hardly faced a lot of ATG's(or any for that matter, except for two that he lost to near the end of his career).

HOF'ers are a different matter.

Comment

Most definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Please do explain then. I'd love to hear this from an intellectual giant such as yourself.
                    when you remove the bull**** its just another excuse for you to say 'ggg resume sucks'. can fool some people on here but cant fool me..

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      when you remove the bull**** its just another excuse for you to say 'ggg resume sucks'. can fool some people on here but cant fool me..
                      Maybe its cuse his resume sucks? its a Fact bro as good fighter he is,his resume is dog****.

Comment

Working...
                      X