Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin Got Knocked Down In Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone send the video to fishnet and canela, might motivate them to move up

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
      Yeah that guy and he knocked out a Cuban in 1 round. I saw that same Cuban go to war. Guy had no reason to lie, in fact he likes Golovkin.
      Yudel Johnson is crap so I don't care if he's Cuban or not. I liked Daquan Arnett and watched him quite a few times and even put him out there on these boards but the kid has glass and his stamina is ****. So, I find it very DOUBTFUL that he BOXED CIRCLES around Golovkin. Very very doubtful.

Comment

Sparring is sparring and that's it.
        Quincy Taylor dropped Leonard.
        Chavez dropped DeLa Hoya.
        McCall dropped Tyson.
        Ray Patterson dropped Liston.
        I could go on all the day, but it's just that sparring doesn't mean anything talking about competition or resume, it's about getting sharp for real fights, that applies to this case as well all the mythology about GGG killing gods in sparring.

Comment

Like others have mentioned, it's sparring. Nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            And, Kovalev denies it. So what? If you're gullible enough to believe whoever makes you feel good then that's on you.
            My point, which went over your head, is that sparring is not a measure of skill. In sparring, you are holding back. You try to strike a balance but so often, one guy pushes harder than the other wants to. Some guys are just insecure dicks and just try to be gym heroes. If you really think Kovalev and GGG went all-in without restraint (which is already discredited as Sanchez says he doesn't allow that) and Golovkin dominated him (lol) then you're just a fanboy with wishful thinking.
            Actually Kovalev doesn't deny it, he once said it was over exaggerated but never says it didn't happen.

I know a few people say he was KO which is probably the part Kovalev means by over exaggerated.

But like you and others had said it sparring and there's many factors to consider like time spent in camp, freshness, and psychical condition. Plus at the time Kovalev was still a 8 round fighter who has improved leaps and bounds since that time.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
              Actually Kovalev doesn't deny it, he once said it was over exaggerated but never says it didn't happen.
              Actually, there was a thread here (Boxingscene posted it) where Kovalev flat out denied it and was pissed at Abel for saying it. Saying that he did Abe a favor going up there and so on. It was only a week or two ago if you care to search it. I would but the search feature is hard to negotiate on my phone.
              Edit; gave it a shot and it came right up.
              "...don't believe this trash." I'm not saying whether it happened or not, only that Kovalev denied it recently.
              http://www.boxingscene.com/kovalev-r...m-camp--109195
              Last edited by Redd Foxx; 10-11-2016, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Actually, there was a thread here (Boxingscene posted it) where Kovalev flat out denied it and was pissed at Abel for saying it. Saying that he did Abe a favor going up there and so on. It was only a week or two ago if you care to search it. I would but the search feature is hard to negotiate on my phone.

Was it this one.

Comment

why is everyone so high on GGG? saying everyone ducks him when many have called him out.

like andy lee, jacobs, ward, chavez jr, lara. etc etc. even canelo wants him but wants his big split of the cash.

and GGG fans say no one fights him because they wont except the terms, same can be said for GGG he is ducking because he wont except the terms.

Comment

Edit; gave it a shot and it came right up.
                    "...don't believe this trash." I'm not saying whether it happened or not, only that Kovalev denied it recently.
                    Nah if you read the link it's not an actual denial - more like 'don't believe the ish if you didn't see it'. Kovalev has acknowledged that he had to take a knee against Golovkin one occasion in sparring (when he was fresh back to camp from holidays and Golovkin was in fight fettle) but I think takes issue with the **** Abel spouts about him 'fighting scared' against GGG and suggestions he was knocked out.

And the Tyrell Hendrix story is a coupla years old but I don't see any reason to disbelieve him - what's odder to me was the continuing insistence from team GGG that Golovkin was 'never dropped in pro am or sparring'. Hendrix probably made him take a knee, so what? Okay, Tyrell should probably have left it in the gym, but once it's out there better to just acknowledge it and move on, at least I'd find it more honest.
                    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-11-2016, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      Nah if you read the link it's not an actual denial - more like 'don't believe the ish if you didn't see it'. Kovalev has acknowledged that he had to take a knee against Golovkin one occasion in sparring (when he was fresh back to camp from holidays and Golovkin was in fight fettle) but I think takes issue with the **** Abel spouts about him 'fighting scared' against GGG and suggestions he was knocked out.

And the Tyrell Hendrix story is a coupla years old but I don't see any reason to disbelieve him - what's odder to me was the continuing insistence from team GGG that Golovkin was 'never dropped in pro am or sparring'. Hendrix probably made him take a knee, so what? Okay, Tyrell should probably have left it in the gym, but once it's out there better to just acknowledge it and move on, at least I'd find it more honest.
                      I don't allow myself to get into the creative interpretation of words that often goes on around here. If someone says "don't believe it", that is plainly a denial. Let's not spin it.

I'm not sure why people here are trying to convince me that he did get dropped as I've never denied that. I have no opinion of it. I've had a crazy history of sparring but I never let myself think I was actually better than those guys I got the better of. Sparring is not a measure of talent, it's training.

Comment

Working...
                      X