Collapse
No announcement yet.

is eddie hearn the best promoter in boxing right now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garbage. Every bit the lying scumbag DLH is, and lacks the occasional candor of an Arum. Likes his fighters to get a belt through the easiest route possible then fight cans as long as they can get away with it.
    He's successful though, can't take that away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Garbage. Every bit the lying scumbag DLH is, and lacks the occasional candor of an Arum. Likes his fighters to get a belt through the easiest route possible then fight cans as long as they can get away with it.
      He's successful though, can't take that away from him.
      Watch the interview I put up, its long, but its worth it. You might feel differently afterwards, but there is lots of good content in there anyway.

Comment

You can sell anything to the uk fans and they'll buy it. He has it easy.

Comment

The thing I do not like about matchroom boxing is that they do not put the co-main event just before the main event. They put it two or three fights before the main event.

Comment

Originally posted by BoliviaChiLEsp View Post
            The thing I do not like about matchroom boxing is that they do not put the co-main event just before the main event. They put it two or three fights before the main event.
            It's to get other fighters exposure and people into the arena and watching on TV, rather than just paying attention for the last two fights, which usually happens.

I understand that from their perspective really.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              And, this^.
              I present exhibit #1; "Haye Day".
              Exhibit 2; "Haye Day II"

Not hating, happy that boxing is having a resurgence there. But, I think Lennox Lewis and Frankie Bruno could have a scat fight and it would sell out the O2.

Comment

He is the most consistent that is for sure but he too can use better match up which will come I'm sure but UK Boxing is growing while boxing in America is going in the wrong direction and continues to decline

Getting GGG to go to the UK to fight Kell Brook was a momentum shift for him and UK boxing. It was a major step in becoming the new Mecca of Boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  And, this^.
                  I present exhibit #1; "Haye Day".
                  Exhibit 2; "Haye Day II"

Not hating, happy that boxing is having a resurgence there. But, I think Lennox Lewis and Frankie Bruno could have a scat fight and it would sell out the O2.
                  Not far from the truth. If we collectively boycotted bull£hit then we'd get better match ups but since the recession everyones got pounds to spend. They just want a good night and entertainment. The 'casuals' could care less who the poster boy is facing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ham Porter View Post
                    There's a reason Hearn was given an exclusive deal in the first place, and it was because Sky wasn't happy with the content that other promoters were producing. Sky boxing was in the toilet and they were seriously contemplating pulling the plug on it all together at one point.

Boxing in Britain is unquestionably in a much stronger, healthier state now than it was five years ago, and that has directly coincided with Hearn's emergence.
                    I'm not from the UK and only been following the UK scene the last 3-4 years so you'd probably know better then me and for sure HEARN deserves some credit but to claim he's the best in the game isn't true. He has a great market to work with and usually gives them avg at best fights and fans still eat it up. He goes after weak champions or domestic fights to build his fighters up and avoid the top level guys. But acts like he wants to put them in with best and then switches them for a sub par opponet

Hes a decent salesman, but he also a 2nd generation promoter who's Dad was one of the top in the game I'm sure having those built in connections and structure in place made it easier to secure a sky deal.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      After this interview I have decided that I like Eddie Hearn as a promoter and contributor to Boxing. I think he is the real deal.

Yup. I saw this interview and changed my tune on him too.

To answer the original question - yes, he absolutely is the best promoter in boxing right. He has almost single-handedly turned British Boxing into a boom time. I mean, he's just signed freaking Luis Ortiz FFS.

He goes to all his fighters fights, he loves the sport, he is intelligent and charismatic. But most importantly, he understands how to run the sport in a modern landscape. Sure, he has Sky Sports to promote his fights but let's give him credit for that too.

Arum has lost his touch, Haymon is a clueless fraud who has pissed $400m up the wall with little gains, all the other promoters and companies are small players with maybe one big fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X