Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: The WBA Wants Deal, Gives Purse Bid Extension

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the only three facts we have so far are:
    1. Jacobs has requested an increase in the purse distribution from 25/75 to 40/60.
    2. Golovkin requested an immediate purse bid.
    3. Golovkin turned down a chance for an interim fight.

As much as Jacobs doesn't deserve a 40/60 split, I don't care so long as the fight happens. I just wish the purse bid was on Monday instead of the gutless WBA pushing it out another 10 days. And FUCK the WBA for trying to push Alfonso Blanco into the picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      So the only three facts we have so far are:
      1. Jacobs has requested an increase in the purse distribution from 25/75 to 40/60.

As much as Jacobs doesn't deserve a 40/60 split, I don't care so long as the fight happens. I just wish the purse bid was on Monday instead of the gutless WBA pushing it out another 10 days. And FUCK the WBA for trying to push Alfonso Blanco into the picture.
      Have the WBA mention something about Blanco? He has been sitting on the #1 spot for a long while, so it's about time that WBA actually brings him into the conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Have the WBA mention something about Blanco? He has been sitting on the #1 spot for a long while, so it's about time that WBA actually brings him into the conversation.
        Yeah, Mendoza said if either Jacobs or Golovkin drop out/vacate, then the other will be mandated to fight Alfonso Blanco.

This really upsets me and is blatant corruption. Blanco won the WBA interim title last October beating journeyman -Sergey Khomitsky. He'll have been inactive exactly 12 months on this Monday. The WBA stripped Chris Eubank of that very title for Blanco to fight for, after Eubank was only inactive for 7 months. What's more, Blanco is from and fights in Venezuela, which is next door to the Panamanian-based WBA. I strongly believe there's some improprieties involved with that situation. Mendoza is doing a friend a favor keeping Blanco in the picture for a big pay day w/o earning it.

Comment

So the only three facts we have so far are:

... It's not our business to say what purse split one fighter would deserve...
          The WBA rules are 75% / 25% split in case of purse bid.
          During negotiations, team Jacobs wanted 40/60 split AND "the right money" (which "right money" Loeffler apparently can't put on the table).
          So: Showtime is free to bid "the right money" Jacobs wants and we'll see if team GGG takes this fight outside HBO or not...

Comment

Yeah, Mendoza said if either Jacobs or Golovkin drop out/vacate, then the other will be mandated to fight Alfonso Blanco.

This really upsets me and is blatant corruption. Blanco won the WBA interim title last October beating journeyman -Sergey Khomitsky. He'll have been inactive exactly 12 months on this Monday. The WBA stripped Chris Eubank of that very title for Blanco to fight for, after Eubank was only inactive for 7 months. What's more, Blanco is from and fights in Venezuela, which is next door to the Panamanian-based WBA. I strongly believe there's some improprieties involved with that situation. Mendoza is doing a friend a favor keeping Blanco in the picture for a big pay day w/o earning it.
            I don't have a problem with Blanco vs. either guy tbh, just not in this particular situation. Blanco is an inactive MW who's sitting on his spot like Heiland. The winner of GGG/Jacobs could fight Blanco earlier next year or something. OR, if Jacobs wants an interim fight, the WBA should force him to face Blanco.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 10-08-2016, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              I don't have a problem with Blanco vs. either guy tbh, just not in this particular situation. Blanco is an inactive MW who's sitting on his spot like Heiland.
              Blanco is hot garbage. Dominic Wade would be a heavy favorite to beat Blanco.

There's a strong possibility that Jacob's vacates, especially if on Monday the WBA announces they're keeping the purse split at 75/25. That leaves a Golovkin/Blanco fight for December. No fucking way is that ok by me.

Comment

• we all know ggg destroys jacobs anyway. i'd much rather see ggg vs khurtsidize. what a great action fight. jacobs will crumble instantly just like pirog fight. sorry a 1 minute fight against peter "scared eyes" quillin doesnt say much for his ability to take punishment.

Comment

The Wba was Venezuela based 10 years ago, it's no surprise

Comment

Blanco is hot garbage. Dominic Wade would be a heavy favorite to beat Blanco.

There's a strong possibility that Jacob's vacates, especially if on Monday the WBA announces they're keeping the purse split at 75/25. That leaves a Golovkin/Blanco fight for December. No fucking way is that ok by me.
                    Yeah, I wouldn't be either. For HBO to end the year with GGG/Blanco would be a BIG ****ing letdown. However, I really haven't seen enough of Blanco to tell if he's horrendous. Wade, on the other hand, is barely B-level.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 10-08-2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• In case Saunders calling out GGG in Dec. was for real, they would get an "unification" bout... (But I'm afraid that, in ten days from now, Saunders would forget that he called out GGG these days...)

Comment

Working...
                      X