Martin Murray - hasn't beat anybody
    Curtis Stevens - who doesn't beat Stevens
    Nobuhira Ishida - LOL
    Proksa - Please!
    Shop Worn Kassim Ouma who still landed and hurt GGG the worst

This is the resume of GGG?

Good thing he's beaten all of them

Comment

It's an uninspiring resume, I really hope he starts fighting better competition and cuts it out with nonsense like welters. If the better comp at 160 won't fight you, don't drag up welters and jr middles, go find a super middle to beat.

Comment

Kassim Ouma landing punches on GGG in triple digits. This is a very shot former 154 pounder pushing GGG's **** in.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
          Rosado - who hasn't beat Rosado?
          Rubio - took a dive, beaten before by Pavlik
          Macklin - I think he got knocked out by Sergio
          Lemieux - stopped by Rubio
          Geale - little Cotto stopped him worse
          Brook - a welterweight
          Nobuhira Ishida - LOL
          Proksa - Please!

Well, you do have to consider that he's not just beaten them. He's barely lost a round in the whole lot of them. These guys aren't all journeyman. They were the best the division had to offer outside of Martinez, Cotto, Canelo, Quillin, Jacobs and Saunders who have all not been so fired up about fighting him or have flat out ducked him. You have to work with what you have. And as many have claimed that GGG has two good years left max, how can one maximize that time?

Well, you can go to super middleweight where there are champions Sturm, Jack, Degale and Ramirez. Jack or Degale would make fine opponents. Ramirez is not ready and Sturm is done. So let's say GGG beats Degale and Jack, although there may not be that much interest in fighting both once once of them beats the other. So 168 isn't red hot.

175 on the other hand is very hot. Kovalev, Ward, Stevenson, Beterbiev and a huge list of others. Of course, that's a 15 pound leap which can be tricky. GGG hits like a beast but will his shots hurt the 175 pounders as much? It's doubtful. He's surely more likely to lose which is fine. No risk. No reward. And he'd gain a lot of respect if he did. A ton of respect actually. Even a lot of his haters would at least shut up if not turn perhaps. There can be no doubt.

His other option is to stay at 160. Now, he can wait out those who avoid. he can actually get Canelo next September most likely. He's working on a deal with Jacobs. Saunders is a possibility in the next two years, as is Eubank. Also at 154, you have the Charlo twins, Andrade and Lara. All of these fights can be billed big and would increase his legacy by leaps and bounds. And he'd be fighting at his most effective fighting weight.

So really, I thin we have the dangerous 175 road where he would get respect but risk plenty against the bigger boys and I honestly don't see him beating them all or he can stay at 160 where guys will most likely come to him in the next two years. Heck if he gets the WBO and the RING, opponents will HAVE to come to him if they want any of the belts out there Let's say he gets 3 good years and he's got even more time to cancel out their waiting out period.

For me, I think 160 is the answer. Not the answer most fans want which is NOW. However, it's the answer he and his camp will most likely go with. Besides would you rather be known as a guy who fought his whole career at 160 and cleaned it out or the dude who won titles at 160 and then did a little at 175?

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            Rosado - who hasn't beat Rosado?
            Rubio - took a dive, beaten before by Pavlik
            Macklin - I think he got knocked out by Sergio
            Lemieux - stopped by Rubio
            Geale - little Cotto stopped him worse
            Brook - a welterweight
            Nobuhira Ishida - LOL
            Proksa - Please!

His comp is excellent.....for a 24 y/o...not a 34 y/o 10 year pro.

Comment

He has the worse resume on the current p4p list I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                Well, you do have to consider that he's not just beaten them. He's barely lost a round in the whole lot of them. These guys aren't all journeyman. They were the best the division had to offer outside of Martinez, Cotto, Canelo, Quillin, Jacobs and Saunders who have all not been so fired up about fighting him or have flat out ducked him. You have to work with what you have. And as many have claimed that GGG has two good years left max, how can one maximize that time?

Well, you can go to super middleweight where there are champions Sturm, Jack, Degale and Ramirez. Jack or Degale would make fine opponents. Ramirez is not ready and Sturm is done. So let's say GGG beats Degale and Jack, although there may not be that much interest in fighting both once once of them beats the other. So 168 isn't red hot.

175 on the other hand is very hot. Kovalev, Ward, Stevenson, Beterbiev and a huge list of others. Of course, that's a 15 pound leap which can be tricky. GGG hits like a beast but will his shots hurt the 175 pounders as much? It's doubtful. He's surely more likely to lose which is fine. No risk. No reward. And he'd gain a lot of respect if he did. A ton of respect actually. Even a lot of his haters would at least shut up if not turn perhaps. There can be no doubt.

His other option is to stay at 160. Now, he can wait out those who avoid. he can actually get Canelo next September most likely. He's working on a deal with Jacobs. Saunders is a possibility in the next two years, as is Eubank. Also at 154, you have the Charlo twins, Andrade and Lara. All of these fights can be billed big and would increase his legacy by leaps and bounds. And he'd be fighting at his most effective fighting weight.

So really, I thin we have the dangerous 175 road where he would get respect but risk plenty against the bigger boys and I honestly don't see him beating them all or he can stay at 160 where guys will most likely come to him in the next two years. Heck if he gets the WBO and the RING, opponents will HAVE to come to him if they want any of the belts out there Let's say he gets 3 good years and he's got even more time to cancel out their waiting out period.

For me, I think 160 is the answer. Not the answer most fans want which is NOW. However, it's the answer he and his camp will most likely go with. Besides would you rather be known as a guy who fought his whole career at 160 and cleaned it out or the dude who won titles at 160 and then did a little at 175?
                Yep bringing welterweights to middleweight is about right. No wonder he can take flush shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  He has the worse resume on the current p4p list I'd say.
                  I didn't know you could make the P4P with such a resume and not one notable win.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    Well, you do have to consider that he's not just beaten them. He's barely lost a round in the whole lot of them.
                    That's why I'm not really too critical of GGG's talents. I think he's very talented. That resume is foul though and when he's had the opportunity to go after legacy building competition, he did things like fighting a welterweight. That's not even trying.

Still, I think he's like Kovalev in that his ceiling is much higher than his resume implies (that statement will no longer apply to Kovalev in a few weeks through).

Comment

Working...
                    X