Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: Loeffler Tells The WBA a Purse Bid is Needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Didn't he make $1.5m for Quillin?

He's in dreamland if he thinks he's getting much more than that. I don't even think Golovkin has made over $2m or $3m for his fights in USA, and he's the bigger draw.

If he was offered Quillin money then he should snap their hands off because there's nobody else in the MW division anymore that's going to make him that money.
    Bigger draw is subjective, for the simple fact that the cases are different enough to matter.

Agree or disagree, but I think that Barclays Center is willing to put up a bigger site fee to host Golovkin-Jacobs in Brooklyn than K2 is going to be able to make in ticket revenue for staging the fight at Madison Square Garden.

Gennady Golovkin allegedly sold out MSG and allegedly had a live gate of $2m for the Lemieux fight; Barclays Center can't simply pay $2.5m to have one of Brooklyn's own chase his biggest dream (of being the top middleweight fighter in the world) in his home venue?

Whether they make money on the event or not, the image of Brooklyn/NYC "royalty" coming out to a massive fight, to see #1 MW vs #2 MW, and the possibility of the Brooklyn fighter actually pulling through, is going to be worth far more to Barclays Center than whatever money they don't make up in actual ticket revenue.

Comment

• MGM Resorts paid north of $15m to stage Cotto-Alvarez, kept most of the actual tickets in-house, and decided to host the actual fight at the 12k-seat Mandalay Bay EC.

Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment isn't MGM Resorts, but I don't see them being all that opposed to backing any possible Jacobs bid with some sort of deal to stage the fight.

folks are playing with fire, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        I'm fine with that as long as both men are ready to fight, I don't care for Loeffler and wish Olegg Hernan would be the one in control there..seriously Loeffler is too weak for what Golovkin needs.
        Maybe this is my bias, but I think that Loeffler is doing exactly what Golovkin wants him to do; Golovkin is a near 35-year old fighter, 10 years into his run as a professional fighter, and he's never even been accidentally put into a tough fight (unless you want to count a shot Kassim Ouma giving him hell).

I have no doubt that Golovkin, no different that Saul Alvarez, could actually get tougher opposition if he actually insisted on getting tougher opposition.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          That's cause you're a proven idiot. This is more than a million, dumb fcuk

‘Wait a second. I could fight two Peter Quillins and make the same thing.’
          That statement, even in your own reference, was from something that Daniel Jacobs said in August. If you earnestly have a source where K2 offered Daniel Jacobs $3m and the fight didn't happen, share it.

otherwise, stfu

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            So you dont read the news section here? Let me guess: No?
            Yeah I do....and I guess the WBA told Loeffler to get back and work harder on the deal since they have extended the deadline. What was Loeffler thinking when he received the news? Don't act like you don't know all of a sudden!

Comment

It doesn't take much guessing and interpretation, it's all in the Jacobs interview. You just have to open your eyes.
              I don't care if it took you two seconds to guess and interpret...it's still simply YOUR point of view and not a fact. Sorry pal. Maybe you should open your eyes to other ways of seeing things....you know....out from underneath Triple G nutsak

Comment

That was months after he forfeited.
                You said he dropped the belt and never made an offer afterwards original post

Comment

• Looks like jacobs is pricing himself out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Bigger draw is subjective, for the simple fact that the cases are different enough to matter.

Agree or disagree, but I think that Barclays Center is willing to put up a bigger site fee to host Golovkin-Jacobs in Brooklyn than K2 is going to be able to make in ticket revenue for staging the fight at Madison Square Garden.

Gennady Golovkin allegedly sold out MSG and allegedly had a live gate of $2m for the Lemieux fight; Barclays Center can't simply pay $2.5m to have one of Brooklyn's own chase his biggest dream (of being the top middleweight fighter in the world) in his home venue?

Whether they make money on the event or not, the image of Brooklyn/NYC "royalty" coming out to a massive fight, to see #1 MW vs #2 MW, and the possibility of the Brooklyn fighter actually pulling through, is going to be worth far more to Barclays Center than whatever money they don't make up in actual ticket revenue.
                    I'm somewhat confused by your points here. Are you actually suggesting Barclay's Center itself would be willing to knowingly take a loss on a GGG-Jacobs fight for the 'prestige' or whatever future benefits hosting such a fight would provide them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      You drastically over-estimate the damage that Gennady Golovkin is actually capable of inflicting in a fight where his opponent is actually punching him back.

Kassim Ouma, Gabriel Rosado, Kell Brook and others have all put hands on Golovkin, and have all made it out of said fight, living and more than ready to fight on.

Daniel Jacobs may hit the betting books as the underdog, but he's a live underdog, who can go from fighting for Sergio Mora money to fighting for 3-5 times Sergio Mora money if he pulls through.

scared money don't make money.
                      Well, don't tell me that, that is what I htink, and that is what Daniel Jacobs per TheBoxingVoice interview thinks too, well you should tell him what U just told me to see what he thinks.

Comment

Working...
                      X