Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're waiting for PBC to close its doors....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
    Exactly.

It's dayum near weird the need people have to peg industry wide problems. (ratings down, fighters not fighters enough, fights not being made, etc.) as unique to PBC.
    if u havent noticed its pushed by mostly ring magazine writers which is owned by gbp then ur easily fooled

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Fourty years from now, when PBC finally goes out of business, the clowns and haters on this site will find whatever passes as a message board in that time to say, "I told you it wouldn't last."

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        I'd like to see this change asap:

Haymon Fighter Activity in 2016:

This is unacceptable imo. So many fighters, so little of them actually fight and worse, the best rarely fight the best (frampton vs santa cruz is a good example of what they should be doing with all their fighters like thurman vs garcia etc etc). Anyways, I don't think anyone is holding their breath, just skeptical that anything will change since nothing that people promised or imagined has been delivered so far. Very underwhelmed with PBC thus far and I've been shown nothing to make believe vast improvements will come.
        Please give me one example (with a link as proof) of anything that Al Haymon and PBC promised to you or any other fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Great point. I was gonna say the same thing. it cost a ****load of money moving the ramps and above head jumbotron from location to location and set up and tear down that's why you don't see it at every event anymore
          PBC needs to pick a channel and work on developing a following. Finding pbc fights is like going on a easter egg hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            Im willing to bet its not as easy as us armchair fans think it is
            LOL true dat.

One of the most interesting things about this whole PBC thing, regardless of if it succeeds or fails, is gonna be hearing the behind the scenes details. There is a book I'm ready to put my money down on today to read in 5 or 6 years with this PBC story.

As far as this news I keep telling mfers most of the info people keep denying outright or acting like its not out there already like the fact PBC is bankrolled for 4-5 years is old f#cking news. These mfers who have been trying to find details on the going out of business sale for PBC are f#cking tards. I mean half these guys say Waddell are a bunch of dummies who got fleeced by Haymon yet they act like they understand how Waddell does it books for investments or that they even trust these alleged knuckleheads ability to keep legit books in the first place since they are such marks.

Comment

PBC significant fights so far:

Stevenson vs Bika,
              Lee vs Quillin,
              Khan vs Algieri,
              Dirrell vs DeGale,
              Frampton vs Gonzalez,
              Thurman vs Collazo,
              Santa Cruz vs Mares,
              Fonfara vs Cleverly
              Figueroa vs DeMarco
              Garcia vs Guerrero
              Spence vs Algieri
              Ortiz vs Berto
              Barthelemy vs Bey
              Thurman vs Porter
              Fonfara vs Smith Jr
              Wilder vs Arreola
              Spence vs Bundu
              Jacobs vs Mora

Jacobs vs Quillin – produced by Showtime, not PBC…

[later edit: even Thurman vs Porter was also produced by Showtime for CBS]
              Last edited by MDPopescu; 10-05-2016, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Them As Well! That is what I'm talking about, showcase the young up and coming fighters and stop showing the DIVAS who think they deserve 1 Million every time they fight
                The business is the business & the economics are the economics. You start featuring Haney & Tank on TV & its all well & good for awhile, but this time next year they are asking for $1M per fight.

Thats just how the business of boxing works. You want more people to watch your show. You find &/or create a guy that people wanna watch. Ratings go up when that guy fights. Then that guy rightfully wants more money. Thats just fair.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  I'd like to see this change asap:

Haymon Fighter Activity in 2016:
                  Wow. Almost 70% of PBC fighters are basically inactive. What the hell happened?

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                    Wow. Almost 70% of PBC fighters are basically inactive. What the hell happened?
                    In fairness this is an inactive era lol. I mean how many top 100 fighters in the world fight more than 3 times a year? Maybe 10, 15 or something like that I'd randomly guess.

And as has already been posted TR & GBP have similar inactive guys per capita so just throwing out PBC guys without giving an honest comparison with other top en****** in boxing is like pointing out the busted car a guy earning 13k a year has meanwhile everyone earning 13k a year has a pretty busted car.

And **** man look at some of these guys. They were't fighting THAT much more if at all previous to PBC. I mean I hear Garcia all the time, but Garcia has been on a Floyd/Manny schedule for 2 or 3 years previous to this year. Danny Garcia fights twice a year. Thems the facts brother.
                    Last edited by Eff Pandas; 10-05-2016, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      The business is the business & the economics are the economics. You start featuring Haney & Tank on TV & its all well & good for awhile, but this time next year they are asking for $1M per fight.

Thats just how the business of boxing works. You want more people to watch your show. You find &/or create a guy that people wanna watch. Ratings go up when that guy fights. Then that guy rightfully wants more money. Thats just fair.
                      Yeah these guys are smarter and you know what...GOOD FOR THEM! Because this sport has used and abuses SO MANY FIGHTERS who are broke now and die broke and unable to pay for a proper funeral so yeah this is Karma for the sport

But that is why I think it is no way they can give everything away for Free, PPV's are needed especially for these guys who think they're superstars and deserve bigger pay. As they start asking for bigger money send them off to Showtime and Showtime PPV or whatever but I don't think giving guys 1 Million to fight on network TV vs **** opponents is sustainable right now so why not showcase the young guys and let your Audience GROW with this young talent and when they step up those fans will GLADLY pay to watch that guy fight in a big fight
                      Last edited by sicko; 10-05-2016, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X