Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do GGG-Canelo have a Trilogy potetial?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no chance, there would be two fights though, cause after GGG sparked canelo out early, de la fishnets and duck-anelo would say GGG landed a lucky punch and demand a rematch. And posters like isaac clarke, justthefacts, real pugilist and kigali would agree with them

Comment

there will never be a rematch period... DLH knows deep in his heart that GGG is giving canelo a beating.. He was a professional Boxer and knows 100% the difference between these two athletes.. no wonder they're dragging the fight until next year but something tells me that even then quacknelo won't fight him..

Comment

I'm still of the opinion that it's unlikely that Oscar ever lets Canelo fight GGG. Now I know the recent talk, but I view that as damage control. Pure marketing nothing more.

Comment

The best part is Alvarez would have taken the risk whereas every industry voice by that time would have given up on Lil'G for milking his legacy and obtaining belts in soft fashion. To be great you have to take risks and win belts, not coaster in one division in era where 160 is not like other divisions. People say it's because Lil'G is that good, but the reality is 'styles make fights" is based upon advertisity from other champs in hot divisions. Only top dawgs at 160 are Jacobs, Lil'G, Eubank Jr. I think Murata has a chance becoming a champion. Hasn't been pushed to the limit yet.

Comment

Originally posted by johny joe hdz View Post
            there will never be a rematch period... DLH knows deep in his heart that GGG is giving canelo a beating.. He was a professional Boxer and knows 100% the difference between these two athletes.. no wonder they're dragging the fight until next year but something tells me that even then quacknelo won't fight him..
            It's true, that's what i have been saying.

Canelo's team obviously know boxing, probably more than most on here. They know exactly what they are looking at and know Canelo cannot beat GGG, or at least it's far too big a risk to potentially have their only real cash cow laying on the floor when he's meant to be the new "face of boxing".

It's the only real big money fight for Canelo at either 154 and 160 right now and if they felt they can actually beat Golovkin, the fight would be happening and they would get paid.

They can say September 2017 but if GGG is still looking good, it won't happen. What kind of people try to arrange a fight a whole year away with at least 2 fights in between. It's a total delay tactic and biding time to get out of the fight if it's still dangerous.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 10-02-2016, 05:34 AM.

Comment

I doubt it. I think there could have been if the fight had already taken place as I suspect it'd have been a fun fight that warranted a do over or two.

I suspect in late 2017 or 2018 when/if the fight takes place it won't be as entertaining as it would have been in late 2015 or 2016.

And regardless of that I suspect the timeline won't allow for it.

Maybe we will see a rematch doe, but I'd bet against a trilogy right now with how things look.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I doubt it. I think there could have been if the fight had already taken place as I suspect it'd have been a fun fight that warranted a do over or two.

I suspect in late 2017 or 2018 when/if the fight takes place it won't be as entertaining as it would have been in late 2015 or 2016.

And regardless of that I suspect the timeline won't allow for it.

Maybe we will see a rematch doe, but I'd bet against a trilogy right now with how things look.
                I think you are right , 2 fights would be it,GGG would be like 38 in 3rd ,its good style matchup for Canelo and time is on his side .

Comment

GGG will never have a trilogy with anyone

nobody is getting in the ring twice with this beast. nobody

unless they have suicidal tendencies

Comment

no. lets remember canelo doesn't fear losing. he fears getting beat up and knocked out otherwise he would fight ggg the way he fought floyd and lara. mentally he could come back from those but not a ko loss.

Comment

knowledge..

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                      It's true, that's what i have been saying.

Canelo's team obviously know boxing, probably more than most on here. They know exactly what they are looking at and know Canelo cannot beat GGG, or at least it's far too big a risk to potentially have their only real cash cow laying on the floor when he's meant to be the new "face of boxing".

It's the only real big money fight for Canelo at either 154 and 160 right now and if they felt they can actually beat Golovkin, the fight would be happening and they would get paid.

They can say September 2017 but if GGG is still looking good, it won't happen. What kind of people try to arrange a fight a whole year away with at least 2 fights in between. It's a total delay tactic and biding time to get out of the fight if it's still dangerous.
                      dude...you really know your stuff man!!! awesome explanation..

Comment

Working...
                      X