Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which hw's past/present would you give a good chance to beat 1970s Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about hw division. But I must bullsh1it anyway.
    TYSON.

Comment

I think a prime Sonny Liston of about 5 years or more before Liston lost to Ali would have a good chance to beat Foreman. The pre Ali Foreman was a real monster, not easily defeated. The old Liston was also a monster who was destroying very good heavyweights with ease. He never got the respect he deserved in my opinion, because he was always painted as the bad guy. He never was that bad of guy and he was a hell of a fighter as was the prime 1970s Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitcake fury View Post
        Foreman was a sucker for right hands and showed little or no defence and against a puncher like Lewis it's game over...Lewis knocks out foreman simply beczuse he's quicker, bigger and would time foremans reckless assaults ..don't confuse a tiny 210lb Joe Frazier to a Lennox Lewis son
        Foreman could get KOed but he could put Lenox to sleep to no daubt
        would be good HW slagfest.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I think a prime Sonny Liston of about 5 years or more before Liston lost to Ali would have a good chance to beat Foreman. The pre Ali Foreman was a real monster, not easily defeated. The old Liston was also a monster who was destroying very good heavyweights with ease. He never got the respect he deserved in my opinion, because he was always painted as the bad guy. He never was that bad of guy and he was a hell of a fighter as was the prime 1970s Foreman.
          that would have been epic.liston and foreman used to spar all the time.liston was kind of like a mentor to foreman.sucks what ended up happening to liston.

Comment

Holmes
            Lewis
            Vitali

I think the lewis fight is very interesting because of his chin. Isnt as bad as its made out to be but it isnt granite either. So many possibilities, he could KO foreman, foreman could KO him or he could outbox foreman over 12 and the whole time youre watching intensely for that KO that could come at any moment.

Holmes and vitali both have styles and chins to bother foreman. Beyond these 3 I dont pick anyone else since the 70s to beat foreman. I dont think prime Mike Tyson would beat him but he probably has the 4th best chance, the style doesnt favor him but his defense was very good which helps.

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
            People said same before Wlad fight but Tyson is akward as **** ,dont count him out never,i dont say he would win but he have his chances in this matchup ,in 70s there was no fighters like Fury.

The one guy im sure about is Larry i think prime LH will pull it of.
            Wlad failed to adjust at all and let tyson win on activity, wlad is unable or unwilling to let his hands go, foreman doesnt have that problem. Considering fury was legitimately dropped by a cruiserweight, I dont see him lasting 12 with foreman. Foreman also went to the body and wasnt just a head hunter, so he would break down fury.

Comment

Working...
            X