Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which hw's past/present would you give a good chance to beat 1970s Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
    he was 6 ft 3 so 2 inches shorter, 2 inches less reach and 15-20 lbs lighter that's a considerable size disadvantage.

Lewis has other advantages like handspeed, accuracy, stamina. Better on the outside too.
    George was listed as 6'4, and Ali was 6'3 but when he met him face to face George looked like a good inch taller.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      George was listed as 6'4, and Ali was 6'3 but when he met him face to face George looked like a good inch taller.
      i think LL stamina is not so good ,most big fighters have problems with that,hand speed hmm i would say its 50/50 ,LL would be leading on points but he could be sparked in every moment of fight,George was Feared in 70s so LL would be under presseur .

Comment

i dont think any of the current crop would beat him, fury would make it difficult and would have the best shot but ive not seen enough from him wher i could side with him against a great like foreman. I would say lennox could beat him or would be a great fight at the very least, cant think of any others

Comment

So we are using the foreman pre depressed state and around the 1973 years and that would be the guy in the video,who im pretty sure many guys would find it easy to outbox and hold their own bc they were over 200 pounds. I see no problem for dozens of fighters post 70's to him. in this fight alone foreman has a 25 pound weight advantage ,hes not going to have that bullying style that swings aimlessly without care against other 220 plus guys who can punch back and box well.

Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-01-2016, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            So we are using the foreman pre depressed state and around the 1973 years and that would be the guy in the video,who im pretty sure many guys would find it easy to outbox and hold their own bc they were over 200 pounds. I see no problem for dozens of fighters post 70's to him.

What do you mean....

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              What do you mean....
              foreman has a 25 pound weight advantage usually ,hes not going to have that bullying style that swings aimlessly without care against other 220 plus guys who can punch back and box well.

In short the fighters became bigger and more technical after the 70's.....Jimmy young defeated a much smarter foreman than ali did,despite what ppl wish to believe ,he picked his shots and stayed calm.Young simply out smarted Foreman again by doing the opposite of ali and using the clinch and pick and hit tactic ,not allowing foreman to tee off,because if he did he would and almost did get k.od. however young is not on tucker/Douglas or douglas level.What would foreman do against those bigger stronger boxers who can move and utilize a jab from the outside as well ? I think holmes would soundly out point him as would other tall technical guys.
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-01-2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                foreman has a 25 pound weight advantage usually ,hes not going to have that bullying style that swings aimlessly without care against other 220 plus guys who can punch back and box well.

In short the fighters became bigger and more technical after the 70's.....Jimmy young defeated a much smarter foreman than ali did,despite what ppl wish to believe ,he picked his shots and stayed calm.Young simply out smarted Foreman again by doing the opposite of ali and using the clinch and pick and hit tactic ,not allowing foreman to tee off,because if he did he would and almost did get k.od. however young is not on tucker/Douglas or douglas level.What would foreman do against those bigger stronger boxers who can move and utilize a jab from the outside as well ? I think holmes would soundly out point him as would other tall technical guys.
                To be honest I forgot all about Holmes when I made this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                  i think LL stamina is not so good ,most big fighters have problems with that,hand speed hmm i would say its 50/50 ,LL would be leading on points but he could be sparked in every moment of fight,George was Feared in 70s so LL would be under presseur .
                  Foreman was a sucker for right hands and showed little or no defence and against a puncher like Lewis it's game over...Lewis knocks out foreman simply beczuse he's quicker, bigger and would time foremans reckless assaults ..don't confuse a tiny 210lb Joe Frazier to a Lennox Lewis son

Comment

Lennox, Holyfield, Liston, and Vitali stand out to me as guys who could beat prime George.

EDIT: I forgot Holmes, too. Everyone always forgets Larry.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      To be honest I forgot all about Holmes when I made this thread.
                      Holmes was to technical and clever for foreman , Holmes would wear Foreman down in the latter rounds for a stoppage...Lewis knocks foreman out ...coming in swinging widely against Lewis is suicide...bowe ( first Holyfield fight ) could also cause big problems for foreman

Comment

Working...
                      X