No announcement yet.

When GGG hits You. You Stay Hit...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Of course he is. I broke down the similarities in my thread.

I doubt it Sun Tzu.

How susceptible do you think GGG is to the overhand right, which is Danny's best punch, and combinations?

Do you think if Jacobs landed that right hand that Geale did, GGG is firing a death blow back in the same breath?
    We will see what both of them are made off when they fight, there are questions for both but more so for Jacobs. We have a pretty good idea what will happen if Golovkin lands clean on Jacobs. Golovkin on the other hand has never been in serious trouble. I dont think we are going to see some fire fight anyway. I see Golovkin working the jab overtime and working Jacobs body maybe somewhat similar to what he did to Lemule with some different wrinkles. In fact I dont know why he would approach this fight any differently. The question is will it be good enough to shut Jacobs down and can Jacobs adjust and impose his gameplan. Im looking forward to the fight and I ope Jacobs is everything you think he is. it will make for a hell of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
      We have a pretty good idea what will happen if Golovkin lands clean on Jacobs.
      I said this in another thread. Here's what's weird about this assumption.

Take someone like Curtis Stevens for example. He's been stopped by a guy named Marcos Primera who took the fight on zero days notice and didn't even train. He was 19-15. He dropped Stevens before stopping him while he was out on his feet.

Then you have Jesse Brinkley who made Stevens take a knee in the 6th round and was saved by the bell. Then Brinkley had Stevens out on his feet in the 12 round and was once again saved by the bell.

Here's where it gets really weird. You have a guy like N'dam who can't bust a grape, but also dropped and almost stopped Curtis Stevens.

Stevens has been dropped at least 4 times not even counting GGG.

Based off the above facts, GGG should've put Stevens out cold, but he didn't. He got a corner stoppage. If you ask me, Stevens was in worst physical condition against Brinkley than GGG. It's debatable.

But the point is, is you take a guy like Jacobs who got stopped by Pirog. No shame there. Then he got a flash knockdown against Mora and people complain about his chin.

But Curtis Stevens was actually stopped by a guy with a worse KO% than Mora on zero days notice and no one complained about his chin leading into that fight. More importantly, GGG didn't knock Stevens out cold. Why?

Comment

Take someone like Curtis Stevens for example. He's been stopped by a guy named Marcos Primera who took the fight on zero days notice and didn't even train. He was 19-15. He dropped Stevens before stopping him while he was out on his feet.

Then you have Jesse Brinkley who made Stevens take a knee in the 6th round and was saved by the bell. Then Brinkley had Stevens out on his feet in the 12 round and was once again saved by the bell.

Here's where it gets really weird. You have a guy like N'dam who can't bust a grape, but also dropped and almost stopped Curtis Stevens.

Based off the above facts, GGG should've put Stevens out cold, but he didn't. He got a corner stoppage. If you ask me, Stevens was in worst physical condition against Brinkley than GGG. It's debatable.

But the point is, is you take a guy like Jacobs who got stopped by Pirog. No shame there. Then he got a flash knockdown against Mora and people complain about his chin.

But Curtis Stevens was actually stopped by a guy with a worse KO% than Mora on zero days notice and no one complained about his chin leading into that fight. More importantly, GGG didn't knock Stevens out cold. Why?
        so basically you are saying ggg doesn't punch that hard because he didn't kill curtis stevens with one punch? therefore danny "iron chin" jacobs will have no problem walking through punches that no one has been able to

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          so basically you are saying ggg doesn't punch that hard because he didn't kill curtis stevens with one punch? therefore danny "iron chin" jacobs will have no problem walking through punches that no one has been able to
          No, that's what you say everytime you say "If Sergio Mora scored a flash knockdown on Jacobs, GGG will decapitate him".

See how asinine that is?
          Last edited by Chollo Vista; 09-28-2016, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Well I dont know why to be honest. What I do know is what Ive seen. Golovkin has stopped his last what 22 or so opponents. He isnt putting people to sleep but there are actual pro boxers who say his power is unreal all the time. Everything hurts and what I mean by that is everything he throws hurts you. He isnt flicking jabs out there he is throwing hammers into your face to set up more powerful shots, its true he doesnt actually KO people often but I hadnt really thought about this until some said it in another post. People like Julian Jackson spark people with **** they dont see. Most people see Golovkin's punches coming but it doesnt matter. I think that could be an explanation as to why he doesnt just sleep people. All that to say we know Jacob's will go down, we havent seen Golovkin leave his feet yet. Jacob's may find the sweet spot, this is boxing anything can happen but I personally cant pick him to beat Golovkin based on what Ive seen to this point. If he does kudos to him he just slayed the boogeyman.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
              Well I dont know why to be honest. What I do know is what Ive seen. Golovkin has stopped his last what 22 or so opponents. He isnt putting people to sleep but there are actual pro boxers who say his power is unreal all the time. Everything hurts and what I mean by that is everything he throws hurts you. He isnt flicking jabs out there he is throwing hammers into your face to set up more powerful shots, its true he doesnt actually KO people often but I hadnt really thought about this until some said it in another post. People like Julian Jackson spark people with **** they dont see. Most people see Golovkin's punches coming but it doesnt matter. I think that could be an explanation as to why he doesnt just sleep people. All that to say we know Jacob's will go down, we havent seen Golovkin leave his feet yet. Jacob's may find the sweet spot, this is boxing anything can happen but I personally cant pick him to beat Golovkin based on what Ive seen to this point. If he does kudos to him he just slayed the boogeyman.
              True, but you're right, it could be the factor that people don't see GGG's punches.

But in the same breath, if speed kills and it's the punch you don't see coming that stops you, that works in Danny's favor.

Comment

No, that's what you say everytime you say "If Sergio Mora scored a flash knockdown on Jacobs, GGG will decapitate him".

See how insensible you sound?
                but thats true. thats why i said it. im not making some silly formula saying well if mora knocked jacobs down in 2 minutes ggg will knock his head off in 2.5 seconds. ggg punches hard, jacobs has a sh-it chin. bad combo dont you think? stevens had a bad chin as well and was completely destroyed. stevens went into a total shell defense for the entire fight and thats why it took a bit longer to get him out of there but that shell defense prevented him from having a realistic chance of winning. is jacobs going to do that and admit defeat as well? if he does im sure he will last longer than he did against pirog but does that erally mean pirog punches harder?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  but thats true. thats why i said it. im not making some silly formula saying well if mora knocked jacobs down in 2 minutes ggg will knock his head off in 2.5 seconds. ggg punches hard, jacobs has a sh-it chin. bad combo dont you think? stevens had a bad chin as well and was completely destroyed. stevens went into a total shell defense for the entire fight and thats why it took a bit longer to get him out of there but that shell defense prevented him from having a realistic chance of winning. is jacobs going to do that and admit defeat as well? if he does im sure he will last longer than he did against pirog but does that erally mean pirog punches harder?
                  Well laid-out friend.

Comment

Force equals mass times acceleration. His huge forearms give him that thudding power.

Nobody hit harder than Julian Jackson, pound for pound, in my opinion, just as the video therealpugilist shows.

Comment

It's because he has those weird lumbering punches that have a lot of weight behind them. I think the lack of speed in Golovkin's punches coupled with the fact that the people he has fought recently haven't been overly aggressive in there attack is the main reason he hasn't really just laid people out cold. A lot of knockouts happen when someone is caught with something they can't brace for or they just run into it. I think most people will agree that he hits hard enough to lay out any MW at the moment if they are careless enough to think they can just take a clean shot from him. It's the same thing with Lemieux, nobody in MW is dumb enough to just leave to willingly disregard defense when fighting someone with his power. I do think Jacobs has good power, but feel that his power is just still a notch behind Golovkin's and Lemieux's. Again speaking strictly power on single punches, not combinations.

Comment

Working...
                      X