No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook Has Surgery - Wants Canelo, Cotto, Khan in 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    If Brook starves himself down to 147 (which would be dumb), Spence stops him in 8 or less! Brook needs Cotto, Bradley, or Liam Smith!

That name was funnier than Liam Smith's.

Bradley is not a 154 fighter...he's an old Jr WW that chased Manny to 147 for a payday.

Comment

"The surgeon [...] went up through his gums, his front teeth, moved an eye to one side and then sorted out the fracture."
      Owwww, man... How the fuck? :cringe1:

Comment

I admire his audacity for calling out top names after losing, but the fact is he lost. His consolation prize should be another top fight? Get back in line. Beat a top 154 lb fighter if you want Canelo. Spence is your mandatory if you can still make Welterweight. The fact of the matter is he shouldn't be ranked in the top 10 anywhere but Welterweight.

Comment

Big moneh fights from na on....

I doubt Cotto or Canelo would risk it against Brook, Cotto probably wants a near guaranteed win to end his career and Brook at 154 is anything but that. Canelo will probably have his next fight at 160.

Khan might fight him, finally accepting the Floyd or Manny fights won't happen and he had a big fight with Canelo.

Comment

Lol Cotto would break him in half

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
              I admire his audacity for calling out top names after losing, but the fact is he lost. His consolation prize should be another top fight? Get back in line. Beat a top 154 lb fighter if you want Canelo. Spence is your mandatory if you can still make Welterweight. The fact of the matter is he shouldn't be ranked in the top 10 anywhere but Welterweight.
              both khan and cotto are coming off loses as well so it's not a terrible idea. They may both be winnable fights for him also. The cotto that fought Canelo last yr probably beats brook but who knows how much he may have slipped and brook likely ko'd khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                No disrespect, but I don't understand this at all. Kell get's one good win and milks it until it's pretty much worthless and he outgrows the division. Then he goes from protected to suicidal, from cherry picking to bomb disposal. GGG should fight bigger, not smaller guys. Now kell's brain pan is cracked and he's thumping his chest, but he's calling out the same old crew.
                This is the truth.

I said this for so long, Brook just wants to cash out, that's all what the khan fuss was about.

Comment

Don't even bother asking for Cotto. He's not fighting anyone with pulse for the rest of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post

That name was funnier than Liam Smith's.

Bradley is not a 154 fighter...he's an old Jr WW that chased Manny to 147 for a payday.
                    Timothy Bradley eyes move to 154 pounds, fight with Miguel Cotto

May 20, 2015:

LAS VEGAS — Timothy Bradley has a welterweight title fight to worry about first, but he’s always thinking ahead.

After a June 27 bout against Jessie Vargas on HBO, “Desert Storm” has his eyes on a bigger prize — titles at 154 pounds and beyond.

“Why not? Why not? I’m engaged in any opportunity that makes sense,” Bradley, 31, told USA TODAY Sports. “But 154, it makes sense for me because a lot of people don’t know where I come from, lot of people don’t know what I do. A lot of people don’t know that ‘Hey, I fought at 152 in the amateurs, I fought against guys like (Anthony Dirrell).'”

“I’m stronger at ’54. It’s good fights. It’s good matchups. Especially me and (Miguel) Cotto. That would be a good fight.”

There was talk of Bradley fighting Cornelius Bundrage at junior middleweight before the bout with Vargas came to fruition.

http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/201...-miguel-cotto/

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      In other words, he's looking to cash out.
                      You don't think he gives at least Cotto and Khan, as much, if not more than they can handle? I actually believe he perplexes Canelo too. He has better punch resistance than Khan, and Khan was confusing Canelo til the stoppage. And Lara, although running too much, had the right idea. Canelo does great with come forward fighters like Cotto, Kirkland etc, but not so well with slick boxers. But even Canelo's limited boxing skills nullified Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X