ABEL SANCHEZ SAYS ROY JONES JR. is a hypocrite reacts GGG fighting sog or kov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    GGG is not obligated to fight Ward.

ward was obligated to move the fck up already after the supersix. instead he hid at 168 and weight drained chad dawson instead of taking his belt at 175 like a true RIGHTEOUS SON OF GOD person would have done and despite the fact that he was an amateur 175 pounder....

he didnt make dawson do anything. Dawson stated himself that hell go down to 168 and beat ward. He's scheduled to fight Kovalev who is considered #1 at light heavyweight. Do you even know why he fought at 175 in the ams?

Comment

..."this dude is clueless".............Yeah he knows nothing........he's just trained 14 world champions and you've trained ...........................

Abel is one of few trainers today that can be interviewed by any publication and not have to be censored. He speaks directly and from his experiences in the sport. He is a self made man who earned a living outside boxing so his decisions are based on logic not needs.

I don't always agree with his view point but in this case I do.
      Far to much is made of moving to higher weight classes by novice fans who only can draw from the past twenty years to form opinions.
      Some of the greatest boxer in history stayed at one weight class their entire careers.
      Just because a few men out grew their beginning weights doesn't mean it's the normal progression.
      Ray

amateur light heavy was 178lbs for Dawson.
      Last edited by Ray Corso; 09-28-2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

all i can hear when therealpugalist posts is whining about black fighters being disrespected. It gets old man.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
          yeah I know...RJJ is ATG to me, and abel saying those things make him look like a fool, but I know in my mind that he only tries to defend GGG from the "Ward" topic.

It is like that , we cant do much about it.
          the fool also said mccallum got stopped at 160....McCallum was never stopped and hardly ever dropped as a pro

I think Jones was the only fighter to drop him, correct me if im wrong

dudes slow

Comment

Thanks OP this video really needed 2 dedicated threats to it.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
              all i can hear when therealpugalist posts is whining about black fighters being disrespected. It gets old man.
              bro...throw that race stuff out the window and look at the facts

1) he said mccallum got stopped at 160 when the guy was never stopped in his entire career

2) he said McCallum wasnt a legit 175er even though McCCallum campaigned at 175 from 1993-94 until the end of his career and also won the wbc there. McCallum was in his 30s and a big 154er. He got old and filled out

3) GGG isnt obligated to move up, all he had to say was it made no sense to move up and fight those two instead of throw two all time greats, who started at 154 and won titles over 160, under the bus

4) What gets old is you tired, lame posters throwing the race card around when the guy spewed false information

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                Thanks OP this video really needed 2 dedicated threats to it.
                i didnt see the other one...oh well

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  The introduction of random pre-fight PED testing makes it much more difficult for fighters to move up through the divisions taking their strength and power with them.

Trust me, If RJJ was fighting today, he would be a different animal altogether from the guy you are talking about there.
                  so he was juicing as an amatuer too? Jones has been a freak of nature, speed and reflex wise since his childhood

nice try though bro

if Jones turned pro today at 154, he'd most definitely have have done the same and at least got as high as 175

Jones was simply an all time great, they do great things

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

this guy is an idiot

1)Mike McCallum is a hall of famer and campaigned at 175 the last 4 years of his career was a legit 175er

2) beat jeff harding for the 175 wbc title and was a huge 154 fighter who was in his 30s and filled out

3)Jones started at 154, like GGG, and won titles at 160, 168, 175 and went on to defeat several fighters who won titles at 175 or higher like McCallum, reggie Johnson, Del vALLE, Tarver, clinton woods, Julio Cesar Gonzalez, John Ruiz, Virgil Hill and cleaned out 175 with the exception of Dariiusz Michalcewski in his era

4) How is Jones a hypcrite when he has won titles at 160, 68, 75, and heavyweight

if he doesnt think GGG will have success at the higher weights, he can say that instead of make a fool out of himself
                    Able is making excuses. I do understand not all of his Career choices are up to GGG or Sanchez but they look ignorant bringing up the GOAT of the 90's needs to do his research... Are you kidding me. When Jones moved up to 168, he fought the person who was arguably #1 at 168 James Toney. McCallum fought for the title at 175 after losing to Toney and won the title defending the title 2times before losing the title and then losing to Jones(which was his first fight at 175). All Jones is saying to GGG, is to dare to challenge himself and do what you must to fight for that greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                      Able is making excuses. I do understand not all of his Career choices are up to GGG or Sanchez but they look ignorant bringing up the GOAT of the 90's needs to do his research... Are you kidding me. When Jones moved up to 168, he fought the person who was arguably #1 at 168 James Toney. McCallum fought for the title at 175 after losing to Toney and won the title defending the title 2times before losing the title and then losing to Jones(which was his first fight at 175). All Jones is saying to GGG, is to dare to challenge himself and do what you must to fight for that greatness.
                      thats it...nothing more or less

Comment

Working...
                      X