No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Rejects Talk That Golovkin Dropped Him in Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AKA - it definitely did happen.

I'm not giving it any weight because it's sparring. It doesn't hold water compared to the real thing. But this basically confirms that it happened, but that Sanchez has just used it to throw mud at Kovalev for ditching him.

There is a reason coaches and fighters for the most part don't bring stuff up that happens in sparring, they all understand what it is. Sanchez going out of this norm shows his ass more than anything, Kovalev hurt his feelings.

I'm not going to wait up for GGG and Kovalev to make a fight, but I'd like it if they did. I don't think Golovkin's team wants to go up the scale until they make that Canelo money.

Comment

Umm the fact that Kovalev's coach admitted it happened...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcbWlFHaq1w

Yet some of the typical 10 GGG haters and their alts will be all over this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        WBO/WBA/IBF light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev (30-0, 26KOs) has a rejected the circulating rumors that he was battered and dropped by Gennady Golovkin (36-0, 33KOs), who holds the IBO/IBF/WBA/WBC titles at 160, during a sparring session several years ago.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        All the GGG trolls are now Trolling Abel Sanchez too. So obvious.

Comment

Who gives a ****? Wasn't Joshua knocked out by Price in a sparring session too? What happens in the gym stays in the gym, and it's not really too suprising either that GGG dropped him. you already saw how Pascal buzzed him in their first fight and he's not even a huge puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            Of course he rejects that type of talk, he has his pride to protect. Do you think he would admit to this?

he did admit it, and so did his trainer. he was out of shape and had just started camp, or at least one of his first sparring days, and golovkin put him down with a body shot.

Comment

there's a russian interview on the internet with a poor translation that somebody posted years ago where sergey admits that it happened. it's just sparring. kovalev's a LHW and would probably whoop golovkin, a natural MW.

Comment

The comments from JDJ, Duva ect in the past lead you to believe Kovalev was hurt by a body shot. It happens, GGG can punch and Kov was supposedly at the start of sparring and not yet up to it's intensity.

Doesn't mean much in the bigger picture, but i do like listening to sparring talk.

Comment

Does it matter? It's Golovkin! Sparring stories don't translate to the ring anyway.. Martin Murray says George Groves left a spar with GGG cos he couldn't handle it. Chris Eubank Jr claiming he beat up James DeGale. Paul Spadafora beating up Floyd Mayweather in sparring. Errol Spence knocked Adrien Broner out cold. Greg Page supposedly dropped Tyson during a sparring session.

Comment

Originally posted by NateHound View Post
                    Umm the fact that Kovalev's coach admitted it happened...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcbWlFHaq1w

Yet some of the typical 10 GGG haters and their alts will be all over this thread.
                    I say make the fight at 175. GGG can weigh what he likes.

If he beat Kovalev up before, he can do it again. Except this time its for real, not practice.

We talkin bout practice

Comment

If he beat Kovalev up before, he can do it again. Except this time its for real, not practice.....................

This is why fighters often have no patience with ignorant fans!
                      What happened years ago with a young pro in with a more experienced pro means NOTHING. One might be in shape the other getting into condition.
                      A well placed shot can hurt an out of shape body, big deal!
                      I had young middleweights sparring the Light Heavyweight Champion of the World and they looked great with a Champ getting into shape, it means nothing!

Grow up fans, Ali always looked terrible in spar sessions. He always used them for conditioning and defense. He rarely opened up on offense in the sessions.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X