Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's A Better Win for Andre Ward, Froch or Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Ward defeat Kov, I would put that win ahead of Froch given that Kov is bigger and better than Froch IMO.

Comment

resume and p4p lists are different things. froch was never a bonafide pound for pounder, and he's also a LHW.

froch < kovalev as a win, even if froch is the borderline hall of famer now and kovalev is not.

resume and p4p lists are different things.

Comment

Ward hasn't beaten Kovalev!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Should Ward defeat Kov, I would put that win ahead of Froch given that Kov is bigger and better than Froch IMO.
          May I ask in what way is Kovalev better than Froch?

He's bigger of course he campaigns @ 175. Surely a win over Pascal in 2008 is better than a win in 2016?.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
            Froch beat on J Taylor, Pascal and Dirrels over half a decadee ago. Kovalev just finished his business with Pascal this year. Further more he just fought Isaac Chilemba, who was Tony Bellews problem how long ago?.
            I like Kovalev but come fight night I think we see a gulf in quality.

Kovalev may be in a division above but he hasn't mixed with prime opponents the way Carl Froch did. Is that fair to say?.
            I must be only person who think kov shouldn't be in the top 3 p4p but he should be a better win because kov is in a higher division. If kov wins though all the credit to him.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              resume and p4p lists are different things. froch was never a bonafide pound for pounder, and he's also a LHW.

froch < kovalev as a win, even if froch is the borderline hall of famer now and kovalev is not.

resume and p4p lists are different things.

The talent pool was much deeper back then so that could be a reason why Carl Froch wasn't bonafide p4p.

Now it's weak and we're in transition, Boxers with thin records are making the list.

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
                why do ya'll keep bringing up amateurs??has 0 to do with the pro game
                thank you...somebody with common sense

this fools use amatuer wins to pump up fighters they like with thin pro resumes

i.e...... GGG

Comment

Kovalev by far. He would destroy Froch 10 times out of 10.

Comment

Kovalev is being considered and recognized by many as p4p #1, his boxing skill is recognized by boxing pundits

Kovalev>Froch

Kovalev/Ward winner will be p4p #1, no argument needed

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                      Froch beat on J Taylor, Pascal and Dirrels over half a decadee ago. Kovalev just finished his business with Pascal this year. Further more he just fought Isaac Chilemba, who was Tony Bellews problem how long ago?.
                      I like Kovalev but come fight night I think we see a gulf in quality.

Kovalev may be in a division above but he hasn't mixed with prime opponents the way Carl Froch did. Is that fair to say?.

Froch beat some good people but you could never convince me he really won that Dirrel fight. You could also say Taylor already lost to Pavlik if you really want to pick it apart.

I think it comes down to Kov being a much better technical fighter and a sharper more precise stronger puncher.

Comment

Working...
                      X