Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward beats Krusher/GGG/Stevenson is he a ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously we need to define ATG. I personally consider it the top 10 of all time so no. ATG is such a lose term. HOF, yes, but he's been that for a while.

Comment

1st ballot HOFer only imo.

Comment

Yea he would be but lest get real he aint getting by Kovalev.

Comment

Hes already probably an all time great to be honest. But those wins would put him up there for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
            If Abraham is part of your ticket to being an ATG then damn. If he beats those 3 then it helps his case more, but really, it's hard nowadays to truly be an ATG, especially if you don't have another ATG on your ledger. You gotta have a remarkable resume to be in that category and I don't see anybody on the horizon yet who will go on to accomplish those types of feats.
            If he beats those 3 then I agree with Larry - kinda borderline ATG but I disagree as I think, at least on some balloter's papers, he is already a first timer.
            Also as another poster said, it is difficult for modern fighters to become ATGs unless we all collectively agree to re-define what an ATG is.

Not enough great boxers fighting
            Those that do fight only 1-2 times a year instead 3-5 times a year
            Not enough great athletes go into boxing anymore

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
              Seriously we need to define ATG. I personally consider it the top 10 of all time so no. ATG is such a lose term. HOF, yes, but he's been that for a while.
              I don't know if Ward is even top 50 all time on current resume but if he beat those three I think he'd be there. IMO to say otherwise is to disrespect all those sadly and mostly forgotten warriors of the past.
              One thing against Ward when his career is looked back on is that he will have points subtracted for his style and the way he beat Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                You just listed 6 of his best wins, and against 3 out of 6 he hasnt even fought.

Number 4 Ward ducked the rematch in Frochs backyard, which would have been Wards biggest payday and just fair because the first fight was in the US.

Kessler Ward beat by headbutting like a mofo. And Abraham was never relevant at 168. He was good at MW and sucked at 168. Abraham actually won rounds vs Ward but didnt win even a half round against Zurdo Ramirez.

Ramirez > Ward.
                amazes me when abraham gets mentioned as a really good win for ward. Dirrell and froch played with this guy lol, stieglitz stopped him and even paul smith got robbed against him. Kessler was a no contest so it shouldnt count, call me miserable but 5 headbutts and 88 clinches is cheating, hell on fight night round4 you would get dq'd for 3 headbutts and a couple of clinches lol. He has one good win against cobra, which he won by a round. His CV is unbelievably overrated when you go through it, if he beats kovalev it looks a hell of a lot better, but it isnt going to happen, im so sure of that. People will no doubt say GGG's cv is ****, but noone makes out its amazing, wards sure as hell isnt amazing either.

Comment

Even if he only beats Kovalev from those 3, he already has Froch, Kessler, and a few others. His resume is very good already. His comeback hasn't been great or impressive but can't really knock it now he's fighting Kovalev.

The only negative thing i can say about him was that he drained Dawson really bad. Ward was already a big SMW and could have met halfway at least. I would have liked to see Ward move up then and beat Dawson who was arguably the best at 175 at the time. Ward had already cleaned out 168, if he had gone up and beat Dawson i think it would have made a huge statement at the time but the fight gets forgotten about now. I think he would have beaten Dawson at any weight.

Comment

some of the comments here have got me in disbelief. A current HOF'er, someone considering him for top 50 all time at the moment. For what?!?! Beating carl froch? **** me you guys must rate froch highly. Pretty sure direll should have got decision against him, and taylor outboxed him for 11 out of 12 rounds. Fouls aside, is kessler even that great a win, pretty sure calzaghe did a job on him and popped his cherry without fouling,kessler was just a good solid durable fighter who had beaten nobody. Other than them two im struggling to find anyone half decent, a weight drained chad dawson who the pimp knocked out in one round and jean pascal (who kovalev demolished twice) beat?

Comment

Originally posted by King Krusher View Post
                      Sit down Earl
                      Might not happen but you gotta admit it would be OG status fighting a heavy

Comment

Working...
                      X