Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe Jacobs has a chance to beat GGG or will he be another mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with "hyped killers" as you guys say, is that until they look realllllllly mortal or get beat, any fight involving them will be labeled a mismatch. The haters will call any Golovkin fight a mismatch unless he's draining himself heavily or fighting a much bigger guy. Reading into it is pointless.

In reality, Jacobs has a good chance, similar to Lemieux. Lemieux is more durable and powerful, while Danny is quicker, more athletic and skilled.

Comment

Jacobs has speed, power and skills. He does have a chance but he has to land in combination and that is too risky for him.

I base triple G's chin on his encounter with Stevens. My odds are with Glovokin but wouldn't be surprise if Jacobs gets the KO. If it goes to the distance I favor G

Comment

Jacobs has a punchers chance & the fact that he is a real middle wgt, makes this fight very exciting!

nuff said!

Comment

jacobs is probably the no 2 in the division so it won't be a walkover but it's very difficult to make a case for him. i can he see him taking the g man 8/9 rounds but that's about it - which is a pretty sad reflection of the state of the MW division.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            The problem with "hyped killers" as you guys say, is that until they look realllllllly mortal or get beat, any fight involving them will be labeled a mismatch. The haters will call any Golovkin fight a mismatch unless he's draining himself heavily or fighting a much bigger guy. Reading into it is pointless.

In reality, Jacobs has a good chance, similar to Lemieux. Lemieux is more durable and powerful, while Danny is quicker, more athletic and skilled.
            I don't think the Jacobs fight is a mismatch but it has a probable ending because thus far Danny has not shown he can take a good shot on the chin. But for as long as it lasts he will show that he belongs in there.... Danny will possibly be winning the fight when he gets clipped.

The Lemieux fight to me felt like a mismatch because all David had was power and he wasn't even going to be the puncher in the fight against Golovkin. He looked utterly hapless for 8 rounds and honestly never looked like he belonged in the ring with GGG for one second of that fight.

Comment

jacobs is the same fighter that fought pirog...why? because he has the same trainer Rozier. that dude is a good amateur coach but doesn't belong at the pro level...we in the hurt business as he says..LOL

Comment

i think GGG wins but it will be a good fight until either lands that big punch, both have power

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  Based on the eye test, he has skills that could trouble GGG

the only question is how will his chin hold up or how tight he will be on defense

He is probably the most athletic middleweight since jermain taylor's era

He can get a little over aggressive but GGG will be coming to him

Definitely favor GGG, possibly by stoppage but with Jacobs speed and explosiveness he could clip GGG before danger.

how do you guys see it
                  it all rests in his defense. mora put him down for god sake. sure, dj was reckless as hell and paid for it. he has to know a stupid mistake can put him at the back of the line.

whoever land 1st.

Comment

Well, he's got power, speed and athleticism. He's stopped his last 12 opponents and Golovkin has stopped his last 23 I believe.

He has the best chance at middleweight besides Canelo, who isn't going to be ready till Sept 2017 not too much currently injured, so at the moment, this is the best fight at middleweight.

Jacobs is an explosive fighter. If Golovkin leaves himself open and shows zero respect to Jacobs, he can be hurt since Jacobs has real explosive power that could probably hurt anyone in the division. With that said, I don't believe we'll see Golovkin leaving himself open too frequently; he's not going to fight the same kind of fight that he did against Brook, he'll fight smart à la David Lemeuix or Curtis Stevens. Expect to see a consistent jab, keeping range and a careful approach for the first four to five rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
                      it all rests in his defense. mora put him down for god sake. sure, dj was reckless as hell and paid for it. he has to know a stupid mistake can put him at the back of the line.

whoever land 1st.
                      kevin howard dropped Ray Leonard....Hearns, Hagler, Duran others didn't

its not about the reputation or the kayo ratio...its about the timing, placement and accuracy of the punch

but I feel you, I get that feeling whoever makes the first mistake, its lights out

Comment

Working...
                      X