Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Sends Counter-Offer Terms For Canelo PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    I been saying this idiot has the worse camp around him totally phuking up his career and wasting his prime away. You 35 you can't sell any ppvs. HBO won't give you a ppv unless you fight canelo because of that. Manny was doing big ppv numbers on his own close to what Floyd was doing. You not doing ppvs close to canelo. You fight on regular HBO. This ain't a Floyd Manny situation. You the clear B side and the moment this phuking idiot figures that out the fight will get made. You don't dictate terms you either take it or waste more years fighting bums on regular HBO. Take a career payday if you win you can dictate terms going forward. Sounds like GGG don't think he can win and is just trying to cash himself out.
    Stop debating on emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      Yes an undercard fighter. He was on Floyd's undercard up until almost the Trout fight. He was going to be on Floyd's undercard then too but Floyd of course wouldn't agree to fight him next in writing, since Floyd never wanted to commit to fighting any dangerous fighters, so Canelo decided to break free. Yes he sold a lot of tickets to Mexicans in Texas but he had never headlined a PPV before. GGG has and did over 100k buys which is twice what Terence Crawford could do, and more than Canelo had done at that time.

You can argue who was a bigger star, Canelo pre-Floyd fight, or GGG now, but there's no question at that time Floyd was a bigger PPV star than Canelo is now. You can't even argue that one and I'm sure you won't try.

And you don't know how big a star GGG will be by next September either. He gets more known every year. What if he beats Jacobs in December, becomes undisputed against Saunders in February, fights say Chavez Jr in May and knocks him out? Knocks out a Mexican star at a higher weight class 168? Or beats Gilberto Ramirez? If GGG knocks out Chavez Jr, becomes undisputed champ, potentially breaks Hopkins record too (is he within two? I'm not sure have to look that up), and beats Danny Jacobs the #2 middleweight, you don't think he will be a much bigger star by then than he even is now?

That's the point. We don't even know what GGG will be worth by next September yet, which is why no one negotiates a flat fee 12 months in advance, which is why we know GBP's offer is bull****.

You know the other reason I know the offer was bull**** and Oscar wants to delay the fight until September 2017 at the earliest? Because Oscar said so:
      canelo was more popular and had a bigger fanbase than ggg will ever had, not anyone can sell out mgm... but you cant believe what you want, but as you already know canelo showed his middle finger to floyd and cotto, ggg is risking to get nothing but the same... mr 97k could very well end up as a network fighter for the rest of his career...

Comment

I gotta be real..When Canelo dropped that belt, GGG lost all leverage...GGG needs to take whatever they offer if he really wants the fight because Canelo literally never has to fight him at all.Take the 8 figures and if you win you become a superstar

Comment

Loeffler says it himself. "A flat fee for a fight is usually given to a fighter or contender who's clearly the "B" side."

Golovkin IS clearly the B side.

Comment

Originally posted by MagikLair View Post
            I'm a fan of GGG. But those terms are a bit ridiculous.. Maybe 70/30 or 75/25 For Alvarez.
            Why??

He doesn't deserve 70%, and by this time next year GG may own all of the belts.

I've no issue with Canelo getting more, but your percentages are ridiculous.

The fight will gross millions of dollars.

Where the hell have you got your percentages from?

Canelo is moving up into GG's weight class and it's his belts that will be up for grabs.

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
              I gotta be real..When Canelo dropped that belt, GGG lost all leverage...GGG needs to take whatever they offer if he really wants the fight because Canelo literally never has to fight him at all.Take the 8 figures and if you win you become a superstar
              100% Even taking the fight for peanuts changes the landscape. Hell look what Floyd did, he didn't like it but he ate it with Oscar and look how he leveraged it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                ... they're pricing themselves out of the fight right now, lol
                theyre pricing themselves out of a fight that isnt even happening for a year?

GTFOH with that mess. There is PLENTY of time for Loeffler and Oscar to email numbers back and forth until they make a deal

Comment

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                  Why??

He doesn't deserve 70%, and by this time next year GG may own all of the belts.

I've no issue with Canelo getting more, but your percentages are ridiculous.

The fight will gross millions of dollars.

Where the hell have you got your percentages from?

Canelo is moving up into GG's weight class and it's his belts that will be up for grabs.
                  It's so adorable that you think those belts have enough value to add 10%+ to Golovkins purse. But in reality they don't really mean ****.

Comment

I'm a fan of both guys and I believe both are Top 10 pound for pound fighters.

However GGG'S team are out of there damn minds if they think this is a Pac Vs Mayweather situation.

GGG literally has done 1 pay per view that did 150K. Canelo has never done that low in Pay Per View buys. So if I'm Golden Boy I send a counter offer and say if you want a percentage you get 25% of the pie at best.

Fans, media, and fighters can talk all the $h!t they want to but the fact is Canelo puts A$$es in seats and people pay to watch him as well. While GGG puts A$$es in seats as well he has no successful pay per view track record. Until then he gets no more than 25% and that still might be way too generous on the part of Golden Boy.

In the history of this sport fighters make sacrifices to gain popularity and get the fights they want to further advance their careers. GGG and K2 need to come to the realization that they are going to have to do the same in order to get GGG to Superstar status.

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
                      i said this before, droping that belt earned canelo millions at the negotiation table...
                      the lil leverage BBB had is now gone...

Comment

Working...
                      X