Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Haymon plummet $434 million in a single year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    "I pointed this out a few years back when this PBC mess started"...you mean last year

Comment

man why yall so desperete to see the man fail, hes giving yall free fights and yall still complain, when yall claim PPV is ruining the game,,

just tell the truth you dont like him because he is an educated black man whos making mad money for his fighters, and taking the game away from the "tredational" promoters who tend to be white men. sounds like yall afraid of "change".

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        these people genuinely understand nothing, and think whatever floyd mayweather says is best is best

you truly understand nothing if you want boxing to come under a single promotional banner. nothing. you understand nothing.
        Boxing would be much, much better for the fans.

That's for sure.

Doesnt have to be Haymon. Actually I would prefer if one of the sanctioning orgs could have stepped up to control boxing, but if it has to a PBC/UFC style promotion then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
          Well, something is definitely leading to valuation decreasing significantly since it's inception. The article mentioned that viewership numbers are a piece of the calculation for valuation. The only bright spot in the viewership is the 6 mill rating after the Olympic Men's Basketball Gold Medal game. Once the 3rd quarter for 2016 numbers are released, I wonder how much of that number will affect the valuation. If the valuation still goes down after that, there's really no saying what could save it.
          6m rating did nothing for PBC. It was sandwiched between 2 Olympic programs on a day full of Olympic coverage. Most viewers just left the tv on thought it was still Olympic coverage. and didn't care one bit about PBC. There has been no carry over from that fight and Dan Rafael recently reported that NBC has told them they are cutting ties with PBC at the end of this year when the time buy runs out. Ratings on NBC dropped every card except the Olympics one which was a blimp on the radar. Local news on NBC saw spikes in ratings because of Olympics too means nothing. There is a reason NBC is pulling out and why you seeing less and less PBC cards and so many of the top PBC fighters fighting less frequently. The money is drying out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

That's for sure.

Doesnt have to be Haymon. Actually I would prefer if one of the sanctioning orgs could have stepped up to control boxing, but if it has to a PBC/UFC style promotion then so be it.
            Exactly. Could be anyone who decided, "let's pool this all together under one umbrella and bring some organization to this cesspool of ****." But it's Haymon who did it and man that rankles the feathers of some of these kids.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              6m rating did nothing for PBC. It was sandwiched between 2 Olympic programs on a day full of Olympic coverage. Most viewers just left the tv on thought it was still Olympic coverage. and didn't care one bit about PBC. There has been no carry over from that fight and Dan Rafael recently reported that NBC has told them they are cutting ties with PBC at the end of this year when the time buy runs out. Ratings on NBC dropped every card except the Olympics one which was a blimp on the radar. Local news on NBC saw spikes in ratings because of Olympics too means nothing. There is a reason NBC is pulling out and why you seeing less and less PBC cards and so many of the top PBC fighters fighting less frequently. The money is drying out.
              NBC began pulling out at the beginning of the year/end of last year.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit
                Could you actually give me a reason how the consumer would benefit from a boxing monopoly??

Don't ufc fighters get paid peanuts compared to their boxing counterparts??

Why would anyone want pbc, top rank, golden boy etc to be the only game
                in town?? That is bad for the consumer.

Also a monopoly would make it even easier for a cherry picking promoter
                to completely freeze out already avoided fighters.

Boxing has plenty of duckin right now. It would only get worse as a
                monopoly.
                If you disagree please explain

Do NFL, MLB and NBA use the same business model as Pro boxing??
                Do they have PPV??

Yep. Couldn't agree more.
                A sucker will always be foolish with his time and money I suppose...

This reminds of the pc master race vs console peasant videos you see on youtube.
                PBC, Top Rank, GBP. One of these is not a promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  "I pointed this out a few years back when this PBC mess started"...you mean last year
                  It actually started in 2013, it says in the article at least. I was surprised by that myself. Oscar really mustve had his head in a pile of coke to not see something so blatant coming because I am sure talks started well before that even...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

That's for sure.

the UFC has several competitors, and would flop if it started to put on matches like the ones you see on HBO and showtime, or even on PPV. pride was actually a bigger organization worldwide for a period of time, and early on before teh sport had solidified they competed for market share [and even for talent] against a sport / org called k-1.

UFC fighters get long term contracts, insurance, bonuses when they win, built in marketing and sponsorship opportunities, the works. that is not how boxing works. boxing is a top heavy sport with no middle class, where competing managers and promotors try and earn money individually.

what you're asking for [i really f#cking hope] is a unifying governmental body, not a single promotor by which all boxing is controlled. if not, d you really want the WBA and the WBC to run boxing? corrupt, private corporations? or top rank or al haymon, without any competition? that's literally what you're asking for. there would be no accountability.

in reality you have a very similar system in boxing to the one you described, at least in america, that takes the form of promotional ties to neworks. that's why tim bradley fought manny pacquiao three times, for example, in spite of the fact that none of the fights were even.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      these people genuinely understand nothing, and think whatever floyd mayweather says is best is best

you truly understand nothing if you want boxing to come under a single promotional banner. nothing. you understand nothing.
                      then why yall claiming boxing needs to be more like UFC because they get they fights made one way or another. no cold war ducking ****??

Comment

Working...
                      X