No announcement yet.

Is Jorge Linares actually that good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Considering he is a 3 weight champ his resume is pretty thin. He looks good offensively but his defence is shocking and his durability even worse. Im not sure what he has done to be considered no.1 or 2 at 135, but maybe thats just the symptom of a weak division

School me on him. Which names on his resume should impress me?

I think Crolla will beat him this Saturday. Maybe even stop him late
    Linares holds wins over Larios and Juarez, albeit it may be argued that one or both of those guys were past their best. Add to that, the guy is hardly in boring fights.

In terms of his lightweight superiority, you answered your own question: it's a symptom of them doer n135lb division. I too believe Crolla will beat Linares, probably along the margins of 7-5 or 8-4, in a clear, decisive fight.

Comment

He's very good. His issues include: chin, scar tissue, which is a result of him getting into exchanges when he doesn't have to.

If he fights a smart fight, which he's been known to do in the past, he'll light Crolla's ass up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        Considering he is a 3 weight champ his resume is pretty thin. He looks good offensively but his defence is shocking and his durability even worse. Im not sure what he has done to be considered no.1 or 2 at 135, but maybe thats just the symptom of a weak division

School me on him. Which names on his resume should impress me?

I think Crolla will beat him this Saturday. Maybe even stop him late

Great fighter. Took a horrific beating, but still viable.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Good one...?

Why bother explaining something to you that you clearly just don't understand.
          Nope, lame is when you try and say the guy who beat someone isn't as good as them or is in the least as good as even though he has consequently proven otherwise.

You got offended by the Matthysse comment, it's ok I figured you would since Matthysee turned out to be shyt, but it was an exciting ride for a couple of years.

Nice sig, let me guess you're a Kell Brook supporter too hence why you're all sensitive about those comments regarding GGG vs Brook, that fight should have been shown on the X rated channels, Brook was brutally sodomized by GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
            Nope, lame is when you try and say the guy who beat someone isn't as good as them or is in the least as good as even though he has consequently proven otherwise.

You got offended by the Matthysse comment, it's ok I figured you would since Matthysee turned out to be shyt, but it was an exciting ride for a couple of years.

Nice sig, let me guess you're a Kell Brook supporter too hence why you're all sensitive about those comments regarding GGG vs Brook, that fight should have been shown on the X rated channels, Brook was brutally sodomized by GGG.
            Lol @ you thinking I got offended by anything you said.

Comment

Wtf? Just because Linares lost to him doesn't mean he's a level below. Lol
              He clearly didnt even watch the fight, he's just a boxrec boxing fan who thinks his opinion is important.

Comment

Lol @ you thinking I got offended by anything you said.

Only men insecure about their sexuality take offence to gay jokes, it's a fact you're sensitive due to your signature which I find all the more amusing someone used it as a sig, I'm proud of those comments even prouder you sigged them. You should sig the entire conversation so it's seen in context but you won't because you're a fan boy of one of Brook and GGG, it's the only explanation.

Post a pic of yourself up on Larry's thread I wanna see what your insecure ass looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  He clearly didnt even watch the fight, he's just a boxrec boxing fan who thinks his opinion is important.

Lol that's why Im not even entertaining the idiot.
                  Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                  Only men insecure about their sexuality take offence to gay jokes, it's a fact you're sensitive due to your signature which I find all the more amusing someone used it as a sig, I'm proud of those comments even prouder you sigged them. You should sig the entire conversation so it's seen in context but you won't because you're a fan boy of one of Brook and GGG, it's the only explanation.

Post a pic of yourself up on Larry's thread I wanna see what your insecure ass looks like.
                  My pics are all over this place, bud. If I was as insecure as you claim I wouldn't had posted them.

But hey, you keep going about whatever nonsense. It's just funny to me how you claim I'm the insecure one yet you resorted to TRY an "insult" me when I never said anything wrong.

Comment

I think he always looks quite classy.

That said I wouldn't bet on that fight even if someone gave me some money to do so.

Crolla is gutsy and at the MEN he is pretty much the new Ricky Hatton there.

Comment

His offense is really pretty, he throws very sharp precise punches and combinations quickly. His defense is pretty bad though and with his tissue paper like skin that offensive minded approach is not the greatest for achieving victory. He is not overly tough but he is too tough for his own good essentially, some guys that works for but for Linares it is somewhat like Khan and puts him in situations where is doomed to fail when a guy of his talent has a different way.

Comment

Working...
                      X