No announcement yet.

Is Jorge Linares actually that good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jorge Linares actually that good?

Considering he is a 3 weight champ his resume is pretty thin. He looks good offensively but his defence is shocking and his durability even worse. Im not sure what he has done to be considered no.1 or 2 at 135, but maybe thats just the symptom of a weak division

School me on him. Which names on his resume should impress me?

I think Crolla will beat him this Saturday. Maybe even stop him late

He's a good, technical fighter. Excellent boxer to watch. Classier fighter than Crolla but, I think the pressure that Crolla seems to be able to apply these days may be too much for him. It should be a great fight.

Comment

He's an excellent fighter, much much better than crolla, he just happens to suffer from Gabriel Rosado Skin and a dodgy chin.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        He's an excellent fighter, much much better than crolla, he just happens to suffer from Gabriel Rosado Skin and a dodgy chin.
        What about that defence though? He is stiff as a board defensively.

Reminds me of Amir Khan in a way

Comment

I think boxing is all about levels which Linares is a level below DeMarco who really isn't world level , title holder sure. He's a loser on the top stage, Crolla is easily more durable and lets be honest Linares isn't at all a considered a durable fighter. He's skilled more so than Crolla, I think it's a fairly even fight. I'd favor Crolla with the home advantage, possibly late stoppage through accumulation or TKO.

I'm not sure what a win over Linares proves no doubt they'll be a clamour to include him in the p4p rankings by the British after he wins, their seems to be a place for Frampton with wins over limited guys like Quigg and Cruz.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
            I think boxing is all about levels which Linares is a level below DeMarco who really isn't world level , title holder sure. He's a loser on the top stage, Crolla is easily more durable and lets be honest Linares isn't at all a considered a durable fighter. He's skilled more so than Crolla, I think it's a fairly even fight. I'd favor Crolla with the home advantage, possibly late stoppage through accumulation or TKO.

I'm not sure what a win over Linares proves no doubt they'll be a clamour to include him in the p4p rankings by the British after he wins, their seems to be a place for Frampton with wins over limited guys like Quigg and Cruz.
            did you even watch the fight?

Linares won nearly every round up until his face was turned into mush.

Comment

He is in a very weak division, and no he is not that good. He is fighting piss poor competition. You can see after DeMarco and Thompson his competition got worse. I'm not saying Crolla beats him either, he probably beats Crolla, but that is a weak division

Comment

He's talented.

Decent skills.

Just lacks durability, ring IQ and mental game.

Good fighter but not elite.

Comment

He's basically a Venezuelan version of amir khan.

Comment

Others have pretty much covered it. Good fighter, can look great at times but his chin and smarts keep him from being the dynamo people thought he could be.

Comment

Working...
                    X