Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me one good legitimate reason why GGG is yet to move up a weight

Come on Golovtards,

1. He makes weight easily. 166 30 days out of Brook and Wade fights
    2. His dream is to unify MW division. His dream ****s on whatever the hell forum trolls are whining about. It's HIS dream.
    3. Big money/respect fight is at 160.
    4. Closest division to move for, 168, sucks ass. No big names and no money.
    5. 168 currently has no decent fights available. Ramirez is injured, DeGale/Jack have been linked to each other for a year now. Who's he gonna fight? Porky Medina?
    6. 168 is full of Haymon guys. Outside of Wade, who was a little known mandatory, and Khan, we have little proof that Haymon guys can fight on HBO. This will hopefully change if Golovkin/Jacobs gets negotiated successfully.
    7. 175 is where I want to see him fight in a few years. But that's not a move you make willy nilly because there's no coming back down in weight from that.

Good enough? #2 is pretty much what takes care of any and all of your arguments though.

Comment

He wants all the belts at middleweight...all the belts...

Comment

He don't want to be accused of ducking and running from bjs, Jacobs and nelo. Like people accusing ward of dodging ggg

Comment

He's older, finished growing a few years ago. He had a late start in pro boxing and then his career was delayed by the despicable Universum.

If he was a pro when he won the world amateur championship at light welterweight, he would have then moved from 140 through 147 to 154 up to 160.

Comment

The biggest superstar in boxing is talking about moving up to 160 and fighting GGG you moron.

Comment

Is moving up in weight like some kind of obligation in boxing? Why should he need a reason to stay at his own weight? If he doesn't want to 'dare' to be great or rich or whatever then that's up to him, surely? History will make it's judgement.

But the simple answer is that there's not been a sufficiently rewarding fight offered outside of 160 to justify the risks as perceived by team GGG. Y'Know... the risk / reward thing. Same equation every fighter uses when deciding what fights to accept or attempt to make.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
                He wants all the belts at middleweight...all the belts...
                What belt did Brook hold ?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  He's older, finished growing a few years ago. He had a late start in pro boxing and then his career was delayed by the despicable Universum.

If he was a pro when he won the world amateur championship at light welterweight, he would have then moved from 140 through 147 to 154 up to 160.
                  I always thought GGG delayed turning pro until the likes of Martinez got old.

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
                    I heard he put on so much weight that he had an asteroid belt.
                    Lol @ you sig, that f@g Golovkin blocked me too.

Comment

Working...
                    X