No announcement yet.

Two Fights a Year Isn't Enough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Asking you about a double standard in your post isn't defending anyone.

I am being a fan 1st. I have a problem with what has gone on in boxing this year and have posted it repeatedly and discussed with a number of posters.

I am asking you, an alleged "boxing fan", why you only cite inactivity problems of fighters from one major promoter/network but not the other?
    You are wrong. Look at this list and tell me how many fighters PBC have complete access with without any issues:

Algieri 1 fight this year (2016)
    Andrade 1
    Broner 1
    Cunningham 1
    Dirrel 1
    Jermell 1
    Jermall 1
    Cotto 0
    Degale 1
    Danny Garcia 1
    Gamboa zero
    Jack 1
    T Johnson 0
    Klitschko 0
    Lara 1
    L Ortiz 1
    L Peterson 0
    Stevens 1
    Stevenson 1
    Stiverne 0
    J Williams 1
    Walters 0

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
      You are wrong. Look at this list and tell me how many fighters PBC have complete access with without any issues:

Algieri 1 fight this year (2016)
      Andrade 1
      Broner 1
      Cunningham 1
      Dirrel 1
      Jermell 1
      Jermall 1
      Cotto 0
      Degale 1
      Danny Garcia 1
      Gamboa zero
      Jack 1
      T Johnson 0
      Klitschko 0
      Lara 1
      L Ortiz 1
      L Peterson 0
      Stevens 1
      Stevenson 1
      Stiverne 0
      J Williams 1
      Walters 0
      This isn't your list. This is what you copied from Breadman's article.

In the posts you make you only complain about PBC as I have shown repeatedly.

Comment

This isn't your list. This is what you copied from Breadman's article.

In the posts you make you only complain about PBC as I have shown repeatedly.
        LOL. Facts are facts. Doesn't matter who bothered to post them first. Example: Facts: Algieri fought once this year, Peterson, Broner, etc. It just proves my point.

Comment

LOL. Facts are facts. Doesn't matter who bothered to post them first. Example: Facts: Algieri fought once this year, Peterson, Broner, etc. It just proves my point.
          More avoiding the question. I know what Breadman thinks. I know what you think. Breadman wrote about all guys.

We get it, you don't like Haymon and want PBC to fail. You will kill PBC yet sit silent and support HBO when they do same. When called on it, you lie, deflect and avoid answering questions.

You actually complained about Danny being "inactive" when he had fought the same number of times since 2011 as Canelo.

How come you have different standard for PBC guys then you do HBO guys?

Comment

More avoiding the question. I know what Breadman thinks. I know what you think. Breadman wrote about all guys.

We get it, you don't like Haymon and want PBC to fail. You will kill PBC yet sit silent and support HBO when they do same. When called on it, you lie, deflect and avoid answering questions.

You actually complained about Danny being "inactive" when he had fought the same number of times since 2011 as Canelo.

How come you have different standard for PBC guys then you do HBO guys?
            Give me examples of HBO guys that are more stomach-churning than Haymon fighters. Prove your point. Give me names.

Comment

Give me examples of HBO guys that are more stomach-churning than Haymon fighters. Prove your point. Give me names.
              I just did, Wlad and Cotto haven't fought this year. you said nothing. You criticized Danny Garcia for being inactive when he fought the same number of times as Canelo since 2012. You didn't criticize Canelo. GGG has fought only 2x this year against 2 bums.

Why didn't you criticize these guys? You keep avoiding the question.

Comment

I just did, Wlad and Cotto haven't fought this year. you said nothing. You criticized Danny Garcia for being inactive when he fought the same number of times as Canelo since 2012. You didn't criticize Canelo. GGG has fought only 2x this year against 2 bums.

Why didn't you criticize these guys? You keep avoiding the question.
                Klitschko and Cotto? Are you demented? Two non prime fighters on their way out and you expect fans to demand 2 fights a year for these almost retired fighters? Canelo and GGG fight twice a year. What's the problem as compared to Haymon fighters who now fight once a year, Thurman, Porter, Broner, Peterson, Quillin, etc.?

So you just proved my point. You have no case doe. You're harping on nothing in defense of the indefensible.
                Last edited by al-Xander; 10-25-2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Klitschko and Cotto? Are you demented? Two non prime fighters on their way out and you expect fans to demand 2 fights a year for these almost retired fighters? Canelo and GGG fight twice a year. What's the problem as compared to Haymon fighters who now fight once a year, Thurman, Porter, Broner, Peterson, Quillin, etc.?

So you just proved my point. You have no case doe. You're harping on nothing in defense of the indefensible.
                  I didn't demand anything. I see you avoided answering the question yet again.

You posted PBC fighters fight less because they are used to fighting easy fights for big money. Is this the reason the HBO guys are not fighting as well?

Comment

I didn't demand anything. I see you avoided answering the question yet again.

You posted PBC fighters fight less because they are used to fighting easy fights for big money. Is this the reason the HBO guys are not fighting as well?
                    So you have no more names to provide and prove your point. I see. So it's okay with you that young fighters in their primes like Thurman, Porter, Broner, Garcia, etc. fight once a year. I see.

Comment

So you have no more names to provide and prove your point. I see. So it's okay with you that young fighters in their primes like Thurman, Porter, Broner, Garcia, etc. fight once a year. I see.
                      Why do I need to prove it more?

Garcia has a fight scheduled so he will be fighting 2x this year, same as Canelo and GGG. You posted PBC fighters fight less because they are used to fighting easy fights for big money. Is this the reason the HBO guys are not fighting as well?

I gave no opinion about guys fighting 1 time a year and wont until you answer the question above.

Comment

Working...
                      X