Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Manager: Canelo, De La Hoya Have a Team Code To Lie!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
    Negotiations = 8 figure offer doe.

STfu u brain dead bottom feeder.
    u do know how much 8 figures is right? what are they expecting 9 figures? this aint floyd pac were talking about

Comment

....and everything out of team lovkin mouth is pure truth.

fnck em both

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Talk to others in your camp cause they arent agreeing with you

And technically he doesnt deny it.

Also Canelo just won title so you arent the only one with the champ
        Fool... Canelo won a Jr. MW belt. LMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          September 18, 2016:

"Here, though, the devil is in the details. Golovkin isn’t a flat-fee opponent. He’s the unified middleweight champion who has sold out shows in New York, Los Angeles and London and did a credible number — 150,000 buys — in his first foray on pay-per-view last year. He’s the B-side, sure, but he’s the lighter side of a 60-40 split.

And even if Golovkin was inclined to take a fee, why would he do it now? His value today may not be what it will be next year. Golovkin’s biggest fight is Alvarez, but there are marketable, credible fighters in front of him. Danny Jacobs is Golovkin’s mandatory challenger. That’s a sold-out fight in New York that will attract in excess of 1.5 million viewers on HBO. Billy Joe Saunders — the WBO titleholder who owns the last piece of the middleweight crown — posted a YouTube video declaring he was ready, willing and able to fight Golovkin. That’s another sold-out building in the U.K. — and a big payday."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/canelo-...075939506.html

Not sure I agree with Mr. Mannix. Why do it now? Because if one guy loses along the way, it could blow up the whole fight! I'll hold final judgement for the gate & PPV numbers. A lot of people say "Canelo is losing his fan base...he's being criticized and called names, etc" but over 51,000 in attendance tells me something different. Floyd was the most hated fighter, and the highest paid athlete in the world! Why? People kept paying to see him win, lose, or draw!
          I don't know why people write this stuff. BROOK sold out London, GayLoveKin didn't sell ****!

Comment

Originally posted by MagikLair View Post
            You're right GGG isn't doing anywhere near the business that Alvarez does. However, you put the two together and have a mega fight.. 100+ million..
            I sincerely doubt that Alvarez-Golovkin does $100m in revenue; Cotto-Alvarez was a fight that featured two of the sport's bigger stars, in a competitive fight, only ended up doing ~$55m on PPV.

People are vastly overestimating the type of business that Alvarez-Golovkin could possibly do.

Comment

Originally posted by DSGteamko View Post
              The golovkin team are a bunch of liers. They lied about ward and now they lie about canelo.
              Yes, yes! Thats Golovkin who runs and drops the belts when furious Canelo demands: "I want my belts! Give me my belt!"

Comment

It still baffles and disgusts me that there are people here who are purely here to hate on someone. Don't care about the truth, don't care about who it's coming from, as long as it demeans a guy they hate, they're all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by TudorMiron View Post
                  Yes, yes! Thats Golovkin who runs and drops the belts when furious Canelo demands: "I want my belts! Give me my belt!"
                  What does this have to do with his team being liars? Totally irrelevant

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                    I don't know why people write this stuff. BROOK sold out London, GayLoveKin didn't sell ****!
                    And he didn't bring any fans over seas either!

Comment

GBP made a bulls##t offer. No doubt about it. No boxer is going to accept a contract where the fight won't happen for another year. Additionally, GGG has to take a mandatory against Jacobs. Also, Canelo is injured right now! How much more insincere can a promoter get?! So much things can change within a year. Of course GGG's team was going to scoff at that offer. And we don't even have the details of that contract...8 figures could be anything. It's at least 10mil...sure. But if the fight generates 80mil (a lowball estimate), then GGG just took a 90/10 split! Canelo fans would argue, "but it's a huge payday & GGG said he just wants the fight." But look at it from a boxing fan's perspective: if the result ends up the way that most believe (GGG by KO), then what's the likelihood that Canelo gets back in the ring with someone who KO'ed him??? Exactly. What's the point of GGG making himself the extreme B-side in negotiations when there's no guarantee of a rematch??? The 8-figures offer is a joke, & anybody who believes it was a real offer should just step away from the computer.

Comment

Working...
                      X