Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume: Andy Lee or Sergio Mora?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
    Jacobs should fight GGG next period
    Agreed 500%

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
      Lee beat quillen and was robbed. Lee is better by a large margin
      This isn't about who has the better losses or draws, but who has the better wins.

The OP spells it out for you

Comment

"This isn't about who has the better losses or draws, but who has the better wins.

The OP spells it out for you"

Lee, I think the KO of Korobov seals it

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
          "This isn't about who has the better losses or draws, but who has the better wins.

The OP spells it out for you"

Lee, I think the KO of Korobov seals it
          How so? What has Korobov accomplished as a pro?

Jesse Brinkley, Vernon Forrest and Proksa all have better professional wins than Korobov.
          Last edited by Chollo Vista; 09-17-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
            So another poster thinks Jacobs should fight Lee next. My argument is a win against Andy Lee does very little for Jacobs resume than a win against Sergio Mora. Let's compare resume's:

Mora

- Ishe Smith - Beat K-9 and Galarza
            - Jesse Brinkley - Beat Curtis Stevens
            - Manfredo Jr x2 - Beat Alphonzo Gomez
            - Vernon Forrest - Beat prime Mosley, Quartey (questionable), Vince Phillips
            - Proksa - Beat Sebastian Sylvester, Kerry Hope
            - Han - ??

Lee

- McEwan - ??
            - Vera - Beat Lee, Mora, Dzinzurik
            - Jackson - ??
            - Korobov - Beat Uzcategui, Vera
            Mora's resume is better and it's not close.

That said, Lee is a better fighter probably at this stage of their careers and would be an equal to better win right now.

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
            Most of Mora's wins had to be about 10 years ago.
            That doesn't matter, at all. wins are wins and losses are losses in resume conversations.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Mora's resume is better and it's not close.

That said, Lee is a better fighter probably at this stage of their careers and would be an equal to better win right now.
              This is where it gets tricky for me.

Sure, it may be a slightly better win for Jacobs depending on how long the fight lasts. If Jacobs finishes Lee in the 1st round; forget about it. People will bring up Vera, Chavez Jr, Jackson, Quillin, Saunders and Horta.

I just can't see a Lee win having that much more significant weight on Jacobs legacy/resume than a Mora win. It's slightly more than a Mora win at best.

But people won't be like "Damn, Jacobs is p4p material because he beat Andy Lee".

Comment

Based off what? Being KO'd by Brian Vera?

And if you want to play that game, Lee barely escaped the 1st round against Quillin and was saved by the bell.

Lee was losing to Korobov and Jackson before the stoppage. John Jackson
                He was not KO'd by Brian Vera. The ref stopped him in the middle of an exchange in a fight he was well up.

Lee beat Quillin, and lost to Saunders by one point. He scored one of the most vicious knockouts of the decade over Jackson with a picture perfect check right hook with his back on the ropes.

He took Korobov's "0" - a guy who was being hyped as the next best MW after GGG. Korobov will win a world title soon enough.

Lee is both a better fighter, and has a better resume

Comment

This is where it gets tricky for me.

Sure, it may be a slightly better win for Jacobs depending on how long the fight lasts. If Jacobs finishes Lee in the 1st round; forget about it. People will bring up Vera, Chavez Jr, Jackson, Quillin, Saunders and Horta.

I just can't see a Lee win having that much more significant weight on Jacobs legacy/resume than a Mora win

That's because you are reading faaar too into it. Not every win on a fighters resume has to be "significant". Not every win has to be a step up legacy wise from the last. It would be a good win to me solely because he hasn't beat him yet, and Lee would put up a fight as he is still fighting at a world class level.

Would it be "better" than previous wins? Who cares? It's a win, over a fighter who isn't grossly outmatched.

There are times when it's ok to get really granular and dissect resumes. That's when you are comparing two fighters legacies. Those conversations are also more appropriate when both fighters in question careers are over.

Otherwise, again, who cares? enjoy the fights of today and remember the fights of yesterday, but don't stress over how "meanginful" every single fight is and question it. Like I said above, not every fight has to be defended with comparisons and analyses on that level. Every fighter has marquee fights that define their career, and the rest are just wins of varying degree.

tl;dr who cares? it doesn't have to be "more significant" to be a good win.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

That's because you are reading faaar too into it. Not every win on a fighters resume has to be "significant". Not every win has to be a step up legacy wise from the last. It would be a good win to me solely because he hasn't beat him yet, and Lee would put up a fight as he is still fighting at a world class level.

Would it be "better" than previous wins? Who cares? It's a win, over a fighter who isn't grossly outmatched.

There are times when it's ok to get really granular and dissect resumes. That's when you are comparing two fighters legacies. Those conversations are also more appropriate when both fighters in question careers are over.

Otherwise, again, who cares? enjoy the fights of today and remember the fights of yesterday, but don't stress over how "meanginful" every single fight is and question it. Like I said above, not every fight has to be defended with comparisons and analyses on that level. Every fighter has marquee fights that define their career, and the rest are just wins of varying degree.

tl;dr who cares? it doesn't have to be "more significant" to be a good win.
                    If Lee beat BJS, there's no doubt in my mind Jacobs vs Lee would've happened already for they have the same promoter in DiBella.

When Lee lost to BJS, that killed the Jacobs fight. Jacobs is at a stage in his career where if he's not fighting GGG, Eubank Jr or BJS next, he shouldn't be fighting... Heck, maybe even throw in David Lemieux if the above 3 can't be made.

But Andy Lee is everything to lose and nothing to gain and a step back in career progression in my book. Similar to Sergio Mora.
                    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 09-17-2016, 03:06 PM.

Comment

If Lee beat BJS, there's no doubt in my mind Jacobs vs Lee would've happened already for they have the same promoter in DiBella.

When Lee lost to BJS, that killed the Jacobs fight. Jacobs is at a stage in his career where if he's not fighting GGG, Eubank Jr or BJS next, he shouldn't be fighting... Heck, maybe even throw in David Lemieux if the above 3 can't be made.

But Andy Lee is everything to lose and nothing to gain in my book. Similar to Sergio Mora.
                      I disagree with this, for any fighter.

If a fighter can't land the fight fans want/he needs, he should still fight who is available. Never criticize a fighter for remaining active. This is boxing! Any fight is better than no fight, for the fighter, the fans, and the sport itself.

Comment

Working...
                      X