Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia-Keith Thurman Possible For The First Third Of 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
    WTF. How will this prove who the top dawg is at 147? Garcia hasn't done **** at WW (beating a washed up Paulie/Guerrero are not legit top level wins) and beating Molina who lost 3 on the bounce to Soto, Matthyse and Broner. The top dawg is Pac/Thurman/Brook. A shade below them it's Bradley and then you have Spence/Khan.

He has SO many top level opponents to fight yet he avoids a journeyman in Berto who Garcia would actually beat IMO and goes for an even worse opponent in Molina. No disrespect to Molina but there are levels, he just isn't elite.
    Agree with everything except i feel like bradley is just as good as thurman and even better if you compare resumes. Brook really hasnt done much of anything at 147 although he had potential but realistically he was a 154 lber fighting smaller guys and still avoided all the big fights. Bradleys win over marquez is a better win than either brook or thurman has

Comment

Don't bank on that fight happening, Garcia will want 15 million for the fight. He is the biggest hypejob around. He'll fight Molina, price himself out of the Thurman fight, and hide underneath his daddy's bed for another year.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
        WTF. How will this prove who the top dawg is at 147? Garcia hasn't done **** at WW (beating a washed up Paulie/Guerrero are not legit top level wins) and beating Molina who lost 3 on the bounce to Soto, Matthyse and Broner. The top dawg is Pac/Thurman/Brook. A shade below them it's Bradley and then you have Spence/Khan.

He has SO many top level opponents to fight yet he avoids a journeyman in Berto who Garcia would actually beat IMO and goes for an even worse opponent in Molina. No disrespect to Molina but there are levels, he just isn't elite.
        Also i feel like pacquiao is alone at the top and vargas is up with khan/spence. Spence will probably be up with thurman not too long from now though. So basically i think its 1. Pacquiao. 2. bradley/thurman 3. Garcia/khan/spence/vargas. Hopefully we will get more clarity by the end of next year but with the way boxing is going i doubt it

Comment

Molina is a weird first title defense. Broner easily beat this guy in a snoozer a couple fights ago. The Provo win was good but doesn't warrant a WBC WW title shot to me. I would have preferred Berto. Atleast Berto is a real WW and had a style that matches up well with Danny's. Molina might look boring like he did with Broner. What a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
            He was never offered the pacquiao fight.
            I dont think he was either but Garcia was the one who claimed he turned down 3-4 million to fight pacquiao. Goes to show his mentality of only taking low risk/medium reward fights

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
              He was never offered the pacquiao fight.
              Good thing

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                Agree with everything except i feel like bradley is just as good as thurman and even better if you compare resumes. Brook really hasnt done much of anything at 147 although he had potential but realistically he was a 154 lber fighting smaller guys and still avoided all the big fights. Bradleys win over marquez is a better win than either brook or thurman has
                Bradley does have an excellent run of opponents, starting with Witter, Campbell, Peterson, Alexander, etc, he fought provo stupidly which took years off his life, and career, but still won and came back to beat Marquez, Vargas, (I'll say Manny, but I don't really think he won so that's a asterisk), first one to stop Rios, plus, the guy will absolutely fight anyone out there. Massive heart.

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                  I dont think he was either but Garcia was the one who claimed he turned down 3-4 million to fight pacquiao. Goes to show his mentality of only taking low risk/medium reward fights
                  Him and his dad made up the pacquiao offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
                    Are you kidding me Molina? When you are ducking Berto and inactive for 3/4s a year, you are a joke, no other word for it. I pray he actually fight Thurman so I never have to read about this guy again.
                    Molina ain't all that but nobody is ducking Andre Berto. Lmao basically nobody is ducking anyone within the PBC stable. They fight whoever and whenever Al tells them to.

Comment

Why not just make it for later this year?

Comment

Working...
                      X