Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS it considered a duck if the opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    Canelo was in the same division than Lara, and payed him just 1 million.

Lara's manager: "Lara commands a lot of money".

They want a fat check to face GGG. Not gonna happen.
    Alvarez took on the toughest fight possible, and even paid $1m to help facilitate the fight happening.

K2 isn't even willing to talk about Lara even getting near $1m.

nice try, though

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
      Doesn't generate the financial return a fighter is a custom to???GGG-Lara

Rigo--And anyone as examples

I know it can easily be used as a cop out for fighters to avoid other fighters. But there should be some serious though about understanding where a fighter is coming from.

Not one of you guys would leave a high paying job to get paid peanuts for a harder job, even if certain people respected you for it.
      Why do people act like GGG would get paid peanuts for fighting Lara? He wouldn't. He would get paid more in that fight than Wade and Monroe Jr. Canelo fought him and Canelo is the much bigger star. He really didn't need to fight him but he still did.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Has Lara stopped fighting and gotten stripped or is Lara active? Lara's job is to fight and win. He's not a promoter. He's holding up his end of the bargain. Rigo was turning down fights and got stripped and then complained everybody is ducking him. There's a difference between fighting and just not able to cross over and not fighting at all.
        When did Rigo turn down a fight?

Everybody in the division left to avoid him. He has to go to japan to fight.

Again what fight did Rigo turned down?

Comment

Lara called out Mayweather. And Floyd's own fans started commenting, "he don't bring no money to the table doe." "It would be a boring fight doe."

Comment

Originally posted by el_locoteee View Post
            When did Rigo turn down a fight?

Everybody in the division left to avoid him. He has to go to japan to fight.

Again what fight did Rigo turned down?

Hyde has now responded, stating his contract with Rigondeaux is good until January and if the boxer intends to sit out until then - the contract will be extended.

"Rigondeaux has turned down the offer to travel to the UK to call out Scott Quigg and Carl Frampton. He believes they should go to him because he is the number one guy at 122. This could be possible if he had a promoter who could pay the kind of money that Quigg and Frampton command," Hyde wrote.

"I signed Rigo in March 2007 for five years. After Rigo won the WBA interim title by beating Ricardo Córdoba, his promoter Top Rank and HBO told me they never wanted to see Rigo again. I brought him to Dublin Ireland to make his first defense against Willie Casey."

"The WBA regular champion was Akifumi Shimoda and he was scheduled to fight Rico Ramos. I stopped this fight because Rigo was Shimoda's mandatory as he was interim champion. The WBA instructed Shimoda to deal with Rigo's manager if they wanted the Shimoda-Ramos fight to happen. They gave Rigo $20,000 to step aside and we agreed on condition the we would fight the winner. Ramos won and Rigo KO'd Ramos to become WBA world champion. Rigo was all if a sudden more appealing to HBO and Top Rank. He defended against Teon Kennedy, dropping Kennedy 5 times."

"Some people from Miami who are renowned for stealing fighters then ripping them off claimed they were Rigo's team and they got Rigo to sign a three fight deal with a leading promoter. Rigo would have received a total of $450,000 for the three fights and the contract was for 18 months. The promoter could extend for a further 18 months if he wished with no bonus being paid to Rigo. These people gave Rigo $100,000 advance, telling him it was a signing bonus."

"I went to court in Miami and secured an injunction stopping this fight. Rigo asked me to allow him to fight Marroquin and I said I would if he sent me the contract which he signed for these Miami people. He did and I was disgusted when I realized how these people were exploiting Rigo. I got the promoter to terminate this contract then I negotiated a new contract with Top Rank which guaranteed him a minimum of $1.8 million for three fights in 18 months with no extension. Rigo fought Marroquin and the new contract kicked in."

"The first fight of the new contact was supposed to be in December 2012 but the opponent failed his medical and could not fight. Rigo was then scheduled to fight Donaire on April 13th 2013. Rigo received $750,000 and Caribe received 20% on top. Rigo then fought the second fight of the Top Rank contract against Joseph Agbeko and received $525,000 with Caribe receiving 20% on top. Rigo fought the 3rd fight of the contract against Kokietchem in Macao and received $525,000 with Caribe being paid 20% on top. The total paid to Rigo for the three fights was $1,800,000. Caribe received 20% on top."

"In July 2014, I negotiated a promotional deal for Rigo with Roc Nation where Rigo would earn $1.8 million in 12 months. Rigo refused to sign this deal. After a very frustrating impasse I wrote to Rigo and pointed out the provision in our contract which allows automatic extension of our contract if Rigo refuses to cooperate with his manager and refuses to sign contracts. Caribe were the main reason Rigo did not sign the Roc Nation contract and Roc Nation withdrew their offer stating they could not deal with Caribe's demands."

"In September 2014 I offered Rigo a fight in Japan and he said NO. However in November 2014 Rigo accepted the same fight in Japan when Caribe offered it to him. To me it doesn't matter who offers the fights or promotional deal once we fight."

"Rigo is being poached by a major promoter/agent/manager in the U.S. since January of 2013. This entity offered to buy me out in November of 2014. I declined the offer. Now Rigo thinks he can sit out the time remaining on my contract and go with this entity."

"It's is a great honor for me to manage who I believe is the best fighter in the world. Rigo is unified champion but this did not happen by fluke. It is plain to see that I have been instrumental in getting Top Rank and HBO interested in Rigo after the Cordoba fight. I also prevented him from being ripped off by these Miami people who signed him to the atrocious contract and secured $1,800,000 for the same three fights with no extensions. I secured a lucrative deal with Roc Nation which he refused to sign. I secured the Japan fight which he refused to sign."

"Allowing for time added on to the contract for refusing to cooperate with his manager, our contract is extended until at least January 30th, 2016 but if Rigo attempts to sit out the remaining time then the contract will be extended."

http://www.boxingscene.com/hyde-reac...g-claim--89975

Comment

Working...
            X