Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is happening to this sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frankly, I stopped expecting to see top fighters fight each other. I'd rather see them fight often, regardless of the opponent.

It sucks to see both cases happening. They fight less and fight low level opponents when they do.

Comment

The lowest point ever in boxing in United states history

Comment

Every fighter thinks that they are worth more than they actually do and demand a huge purse for any perceived risk.

Comment

No money in the sport. HBO has slashed the budget for boxing and Haymon blew most of his money last year. People aren't watching boxing in the U.S. Anymore MMA has taken over sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            PBC has 3 cards on its schedule (low-level FS1 and Bounce TV cards).
            HBO has 2 cards on its schedule (both PPV).
            Showtime doesn't have any cards on its schedule excluding low-level ShoBox cards.

Hard to get excited about a sport that has one fight of any meaning on it schedule (Kovalev-Ward) and it costs $70 at that.

http://www.premierboxingchampions.com/boxing-schedule
            http://www.hbo.com/boxing/fights/
            http://www.sho.com/sports/fights
            CBS Sports has a process called balanced allocation whereas HBO is now the Tree House network.

Comment

Fans have themselves to blame. When so much cash got forked over for predictably terrible fights like Mayweather-Pac, it shows that fans have money to spend but zero clue how to spend it properly - and boxing promoters have raped the sport accordingly.

Don't be stupid, and you may get worthwhile fights.
              Be stupid, and watch the sport rot like this.

Comment

It's not even about cold war issues in the PBC case. Lots of top fighters in its stable are available. But they're not fighting. Nobody knows why.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Kirchstein View Post
                  Lil G towel boys ruining the game.
                  is that you in the photo? you look a lottt like someone i know.

Comment

LOL colin cowherd is right. Stick a fork in boxing man

If I was a boxer I would start honing my Crappling and wrestling skills..HInt hint..UFC fighters are about to start making waaay better money

Comment

Do you know the reasons boxing is at an all time low
                      1 Corruption from State Commission level on down
                      2 $$$$$$$$ that's ruined all sport
                      3 YOU fans for buying all the BS PPV;s of Mayweather etc

Comment

Working...
                      X