Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the fact that gggs opponents do better than expected prove he's overrated.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
    I like golovkin and he has dominant wins but recently Stevens, Rosado, Murray, Brook all did better than expected and their stock rose after fighting ggg.

After most Floyd, Kovalev,Manny,Ward, Rigo, Wlad fights we talk about how they dominated and outclassed a top guy in their division but gggs opponents seem to have alot of success.
    These guys are pro fighters, not actual cab drivers as some suggest. Sure, they land some shots; if they didn't, they don't belong in the ring. But if you call ultimately getting knocked the fuck out success, well ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
      I like golovkin and he has dominant wins but recently Stevens, Rosado, Murray, Brook all did better than expected and their stock rose after fighting ggg.

After most Floyd, Kovalev,Manny,Ward, Rigo, Wlad fights we talk about how they dominated and outclassed a top guy in their division but gggs opponents seem to have alot of success.
      I am not a GGG fan. My take away from Sat was he dug in and won a fight that was tougher than expected. he IMO was getting outboxed and was down 3-1 and overcame that to win.

The stoppage may have been strange and he was a 6-1 favorite over a WW coming in. However, IMO GGG overcoming the bad start to win deserves respect.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Saying you will ko opponents but noit being able too get anywhere close to it means you are no as great ss you want to be.

It means GGG opponents are underated. Brook was seen AS pushover when in reality brook is very good fighter.

Not being able to step up to the Pilate to face him is self explanatitory
        didn't floyd go for the ko against maidana in the rematch? wasn't that what the 200 clinches were about?

Comment

The thread doesn't make too much sense.
          Its like saying does maidana losing controversial decision to Floyd means Floyd is overated?

Probably, yes.

Comment

LOL. Kov lost 3-4 rounds in his last fight, Floyd lost so many rounds against the likes of ghost, maidana etc. All those fighters youve mentioned have looked **** in their careers.

And then youve GGG, knocking out people in 5 or 6 rounds for 23 fkin consecutive times and he doesnt dominate ?

Comment

..".they do better than expected" until they get KO'd? Is that what your asking?
              Ray

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I am not a GGG fan. My take away from Sat was he dug in and won a fight that was tougher than expected. he IMO was getting outboxed and was down 3-1 and overcame that to win.

The stoppage may have been strange and he was a 6-1 favorite over a WW coming in. However, IMO GGG overcoming the bad start to win deserves respect.
                lmao! this is why its pointless for you to score fights. you will always have slick boxing master(at least the guy you deem that in your brain) ahead in every fight unless he gets pummeled into oblivion. you don't care who is landing more or cleaner. you just say he's outboxing the other guy. whatever that means. you certainly dont have an explanation so thats why you say that. other people with more credibility say ggg was winning since he was landing more, landing cleaner, landing harder, hurting brook, etc...but no you saw the same thing and thought yeah this guys getting outboxed lol

Comment

How exactly did those guys do better than expected?

Stevens didn't win a single round, got dropped by the now infamous hook that spawned a million gifs, and failed to check Golovkin even though he's a power puncher.

Rosado didn't win a single round either, was bleeding from spots in his face, and had his trainer yell at his dad that "your son is gonna get killed man!!"

Murray had close decision losses against Martinez and Abraham with a beatdown by Golovkin between them, during which he went down 3 times and was TKOd.

Brook is the only one who you can say did 'better' than expected, but most people had his winning early rounds and getting KOd in the 6-8th, while he got TKOd in the 5th and broke his eye socket.

There's virtually nothing to support your claims.

Comment

Man fights world level boxer and gets hit sometimes. wow shocker!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      People only expect them to fare poorly because Golovkin is a machine, much more devastating than any of the fighter you mentioned.
                      come on, he's not more devastating than Wlad

Comment

Working...
                      X