Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the fact that gggs opponents do better than expected prove he's overrated.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it that all these haters share the same thing in common??!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      The only fighter there who really did better than expected was Brook, and that's because no one had any expectations for him going into this fight. Everyone else got annihilated and were never competitive.
      Brook did the best out of all them but they had their moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
        Gggs defense is pretty bad I don't buy into the taking shots for fun or whatever he says. Pretty much everyone I've seen him fight has hit him clean. I don't think he's Brandon Rios but clearly his defense isn't that great. He rarely slips, doesn't use head movement or footwork, he keeps his hands in front of his face and often punches get through.
        ..........No. I'm tired of posting facts if you're just gonna go 'nope didn't happen'. Please continue on with your delusion.

Comment

Golovkin is overrated that because he isn't as much of a complete fighters as the majority of P4P entrants and he'll never be a big draw.

Comment

Maybe this quote will help some people understand why it seems Golovkin has poor defense at times:

"Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life!"

Bruce Lee
            Tao of Jeet Kune Do

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              ..........No. I'm tired of posting facts if you're just gonna go 'nope didn't happen'. Please continue on with your delusion.

Don't get defensive, who cares about percentages when you watch the fight and can see he takes some shots? Gggs offense is his best defense, that's not a bad thing just how he is.

Comment

Champions get the best versions of the challengers almost always ,wanting to win gold and knowing that a champion hss a dangerous rep will most likely make them more aware what has to be done to cause the upset so a challenger usually brings his A game.

Comment

basically everybody in know expected brook to get knocked out in 5-6 rounds. and nobody has ever said golovkin moves his head, because he doesn't.

what you need to do is stop listenting to the 5-10 golovkin fan alts, and the 5-10 golovkin detractor "caricature alts." those are the people going all or nothing on golovkin.

what he is is a 34 year old who will be winding his career down shortly. he made it to the p4p list, but he was never the best fighter on the planet. he was the best MW on the planet in spite of the fact that he may never win the lineal title.

if he doesn't go on to get histprically significant wins quickly he will be consdiererd a "woulda coulda" fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                    Golovkin is overrated that because he isn't as much of a complete fighters as the majority of P4P entrants and he'll never be a big draw.
                    You just prefer boring azz fighters like mayweather, Ward and that type. It hurts you that GGG is considered. Just for clarification P4P is based on what they do not skill set. It's not the most complete fighter dumb azz. Right now the P4P is crap with GGG, Ward, and Canelo in it. Neither deserves it right now. Ward if he wins will but fighting 3 tune ups and he is P4P really

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      You just prefer boring azz fighters like mayweather, Ward and that type. It hurts you that GGG is considered. Just for clarification P4P is based on what they do not skill set. It's not the most complete fighter dumb azz. Right now the P4P is crap with GGG, Ward, and Canelo in it. Neither deserves it right now. Ward if he wins will but fighting 3 tune ups and he is P4P really
                      I don't find skilled practitioners boring, chocolate is exciting.

Comment

Working...
                      X