No announcement yet.

The official Saul Canelo Alvarez vs Liam smith thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official Saul Canelo Alvarez vs Liam smith thread

The fight is less than a week away. I think it's a sham but let's hope for a competitive fight. I'm giving smith a shot at the upset because of the weight advantage (Canelo is draining himself) and he can box. However Saul is a young vet and has the size advantage. I predict Late stoppage for Canelo.
    What say you?
    Canelo by knockout
    44.33%
    Canelo by decision
    24.74%
    Smith by knockout
    19.59%
    Smith by decision
    9.28%
    Draw
    2.06%

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    The fight is less than a week away. I think it's a sham but let's hope for a competitive fight. I'm giving smith a shot at the upset because of the weight advantage (Canelo is draining himself) and he can box. However Saul is a young vet and has the size advantage. I predict Late stoppage for Canelo.
    What say you?
    honest question chuck, will you rate liam as a better boxer than ryan rhodes??
    i have only seen his last fight and know very little about him to be honest...
    he seem decent and is rated top 10 by many but he has yet to prove his skills vs anyone at the top...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      honest question chuck, will you rate liam as a better boxer than ryan rhodes??
      i have only seen his last fight and know very little about him to be honest...
      he seem decent and is rated top 10 by many but he has yet to prove his skills vs anyone at the top...
      Honestly bro I've never seen smith fight. I saw him spar brook and he was boxing circles around him.

Comment

Never seen Smith fight, barely heard of him until this fight was made.

Looking at his record, Smith has been in so light, this is going to be an incredible step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          Honestly bro I've never seen smith fight. I saw him spar brook and he was boxing circles around him.
          yeah, i saw that too and was a lil surprissed, it might end up being a good scrap for canelo, i heard he has a solid chin too... and the guy seems just a bit bigger than canelo, but maybe that changes on fight night...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
            yeah, i saw that too and was a lil surprissed, it might end up being a good scrap for canelo, i heard he has a solid chin too... and the guy seems just a bit bigger than canelo, but maybe that changes on fight night...
            He isn't no khan (speed and power) but if he can box and has a decent beard then it could get really interesting

Comment

I think it has the potential for fight of the year.

If i can get 10 to 1 on Smith, I'm gonna drop a Benjamin on him.

I'm living in the hospice at Fort Meade VA hospital because I'm dying and have less than 6 months to live, and got a roll in the bank. Gots to spend that money on somethin.

Comment

Its a good fight I expect Smith too more than hold his own but the scorecards have already been filled and the fights in Texas so Smith stands extra no chance.

Distance fight written all over it with shocking scorecards in favour of Cashnelo.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Its a good fight I expect Smith too more than hold his own but the scorecards have already been filled and the fights in Texas so Smith stands extra no chance.

Distance fight written all over it with shocking scorecards in favour of Cashnelo.
                  I forgot the fight is in Texas.
                  Well he can get robbed but a real fan will know who really won. I really don't see that happening I see Canelo pulling out the late ko

Comment

Canelo via 7th round stoppage...
                    Seriously, they should've let Andrade keep the WBO belt instead of giving it to this schmuck. Boo Boo would obliterate Canelo if they ever fought..
                    After this, we get Canelo vs. Rosado or LeMule, which nobody's really interested in seeing AT ALL.

Comment

Working...
                    X