• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread doesn't even have a poll lol

Comment

Picking Alvarez by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        Its me mate, and thanks. Im gonna try and keep it regular work permitting.

Yeah the Angulo fight was definitely the closest comparison to Smith i could think of, though Angulo looked shot in that fight. Canelo's game plan will be very similar
        I don't think you mentioned or emphasised that enough. I like Smith to go the distance against a drained nelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          I don't think you mentioned or emphasised that enough. I like Smith to go the distance against a drained nelo.
          I could have mentioned it more, but my main point was to show how Canelo approaches a) a pressure fighter, and b) a high guard. Only other major pressure guy i could thibk of was Kirkland and he was more of a swarmer

I expect Smith to do better than Angulo stylistically, but he isnt as proven in the toughness department at world level.

Comment

Smith looks tough but you never know how tough until they are hit by a world class operator like Canelo.

I hope Smith wins. It would be great for boxing. It would be nice if one of these cherry picks exploded in someones face.

That and if as a result Smith ended up defending against Brook - that would be funny. Nixing a multi-million dollar fight and punishing the fighters handlers not making THE fight happen - maybe lessons would be learned.

Get marinading out of boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              I could have mentioned it more, but my main point was to show how Canelo approaches a) a pressure fighter, and b) a high guard. Only other major pressure guy i could thibk of was Kirkland and he was more of a swarmer

I expect Smith to do better than Angulo stylistically, but he isnt as proven in the toughness department at world level.
              There are decent odds on the fight going the distance, what do you reckon?

I don't know much about Smith to be honest, but given Canelo has failed to stop Matt Hatton, Mosley, Trout, Angulo (gift stoppage tbf), Lara and Cotto, it would suggest his power/stamina isn't outstanding at the weight.

Comment

I think the undercard fight is better.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  This thread doesn't even have a poll lol

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    There are decent odds on the fight going the distance, what do you reckon?

I don't know much about Smith to be honest, but given Canelo has failed to stop Matt Hatton, Mosley, Trout, Angulo (gift stoppage tbf), Lara and Cotto, it would suggest his power/stamina isn't outstanding at the weight.
                    I have put a small bet on a points win, but im kind of regretting it now. I think with the circumstances, fighting an unheralded fighter, in Texas and with him having a dip in popularity with the whole GGG fiasco, he is going to come out and fight like he did with Angulo. Plus most of those guys who went the distance are more boxer than pressure fighter. Smith is going to be in range if his previous fights are anything to go by.

I dont agree that Angulo was a gift stoppage. Maybe a touch early, but he had taken an absolute pasting throughout the fight, and even in his moments of success looked unable to change how the fight was going.

I think Smith is going to have to be very tough to make it into the second half of the fight tbh, and to my eyes he hasnt proven yet that he is. Maybe Saturday is his chance to prove it? I Dunno.

If Canelo comes out and boxes like he did vs Cotto, Smith has a great chance of making the final bell. That's why I initially made the bet.

Comment

DLH talking s h i t at how fast the tickets are selling, "but there is still many tickets available" he just said live. What a joker!

Comment

Working...
                      X