Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG/Brook was as exciting as Hagler/Hearns!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    is that who are talking about here? reread thread title.

hagler also lost to a Monroe level fighter which GGG did not =)
    Yes, reread the thread title. Moron.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Hagler didn't lose to Hearns. Your'e thinking of Hagler vs Sugar Ray Leonard?
      Lmao, This. Hey, he tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        I was thinking about this last night. Brook has no where near the lethal reputation Tommy Hearns had, though like Hearns stunning Hagler, Brook seemed to stun Golovkin, and of course they only woke up sleeping giants in the process.

But between Brook's lack of reputation/accomplishments and Golovkin not getting the 'I think he's dead!' KO, this fight falls many, many levels below Hagler/Hearns.
        Yeah, it didn't have that shocking one-punch KO climax. And Brook didn't have the same "killer" reputation as Hearns, but that just made it more thrilling when he came pounding back at GGG and even lifted him off his feet with one awesome upper-cut!

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          Yes, reread the thread title. Moron.

you're right actually. my bad.

but hagler still lost to leonard and went the distance with some other ww's.

ggg did not.

Comment

yes, a lil bit of it, it was very exciting i was worried for GGG for a moment

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Yeah, it didn't have that shocking one-punch KO climax. And Brook didn't have the same "killer" reputation as Hearns, but that just made it more thrilling when he came pounding back at GGG and even lifted him off his feet with one awesome upper-cut!
              Golovkin was deprived of a legit knock down though.

Comment

Clear knock down!

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  It definitely had me way way more pumped than i expected.

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up at points and my heart was in my mouth, ...not many fights do that to me
                  After the second round, I was so pumped up I literally couldn't stay in my chair and I spent the whole minute till the start of the 3rd charging round the room swinging punches like a madman!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    It was an exciting fight but let's not ruin everything by saying ignorant shyt like that. Threads like this make me embarrassed that I spend time discussing boxing on here.
                    Thank you.

Comment

Yeah, Brook seemed to lose his balance and GGG caught him with 2 clean punches as he went over. I don't think Kell was hurt, but it definitely should have been counted as a KD.

Comment

Working...
                      X