No announcement yet.

Pugmire: Sources say HBO won't pay for GGG vs. Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pugmire: Sources say HBO won't pay for GGG vs. Jacobs

It's gonna have to be on PPV if it's on HBO. Thirty days to negotiate the fight and must fight in 120 days

Comment

I wish that fight made on Showtime PPV or PBC card, but IMO GGG's HBO exclusive deal would not allow it...

Comment

Who did not see that coming , HBO not about to give GGG $4 Million then Jacobs another $3 million for this fight...

WBA better go on and order the fight becuase GGG did not even name Jacobs tonight, Why should he he can't keep that belt the belt he need in on BJS house

Comment

Is GGG EXCLUSIVELY an HBO fighter? Can he fight at showtime?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSnatcher View Post
            I wish that fight made on Showtime PPV or PBC card, but IMO GGG's HBO exclusive deal would not allow it...
            They better allow it. If they can't find the money for Jacobs they damn sure can't find the money for Saunders. And unification is the only way to stop this fight. Or K2 can take their chances on a PPV. I think the PPV will sell ok.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
              Who did not see that coming , HBO not about to give GGG $4 Million then Jacobs another $3 million for this fight...

WBA better go on and order the fight becuase GGG did not even name Jacobs tonight, Why should he he can't keep that belt the belt he need in on BJS house
              They ordered it right after the fight. Thirty days to negotiate and 120 days to fight.

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
              Is GGG EXCLUSIVELY an HBO fighter? Can he fight at showtime?
              The fight can still happen on HBO PPV. HBO doesn't pay for that. K2 would be responsible for paying the fighters purses

Comment

I was sure it was going to ppv anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post

Loeffler brought it up in the post fight. He said if Jacobs wants it he can get it but it will likely come down to Jacobs wanting Fort Knox and his own Island in the South Pacific.

Comment

This is why I'm glad the WBA ordered the fight. Now Team GGG has to find a way to get it done or else lose one of his beloved belts.

In all honesty if HBO doesn't want to pay for it then they should get out of the way and let Showtime or PBC televise.

Comment

Working...
                    X