No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 154-168 doe! View Post
    Terrible fight that had no real reason to be made in the first place.
    A good fight that had no reason to be made.

Challenges - there were enough challenges in welter. If going up 2 classes makes you 'valiant', then going up 3 makes you even more valiant, etc.
    There are really very good reasons boxing has weight divisions.

As to giving Brook respect, I have nothing but respect for Brook. But there's respect and there's living in a parallel reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by AriostoPl View Post
      A good fight that had no reason to be made.

Challenges - there were enough challenges in welter. If going up 2 classes makes you 'valiant', then going up 3 makes you even more valiant, etc.
      There are really very good reasons boxing has weight divisions.

As to giving Brook respect, I have nothing but respect for Brook. But there's respect and there's living in a parallel reality.
      The reality you live in clearly isn't the same as the one me and every other sound thinking boxing fan exists in.

Comment

• Reality 1: bookmakers favour GGG 5 or 6 to 1, experts vote unanimously for GGG, even guys who otherwise consider Brook the best WW.
        As predicted, GGG wins by KO, Brook lands in hospital.

Reality 2: some British guys predict Brook will win.
        As predicted, he is doing very well and already clearly winning the fight by round five, and indeed goes on to win by UD (if not KO).

I'm pretty sure one of them happened on Nintendo.

Comment

• Originally posted by AriostoPl View Post
          Reality 1: bookmakers favour GGG 5 or 6 to 1, experts vote unanimously for GGG, even guys who otherwise consider Brook the best WW.
          As predicted, GGG wins by KO, Brook lands in hospital.

Reality 2: some British guys predict Brook will win.
          As predicted, he is doing very well and already clearly winning the fight by round five, and indeed goes on to win by UD (if not KO).

I'm pretty sure one of them happened on Nintendo.
          Your point being?

The bookmakers and predictions are merely opinions which have no affect on the outcome of a fight. Only boxing fans with feminine tendencies worry about such trivial matters. True fans of the sport can appreciate the daring spectacle of fisticuffs that we were treated to this past Saturday.

And for the record, Nintendo specializes in video games and creating fictional realities. Boxing is as real as it gets. If you're stating that you haven't actually watched the real fight but instead simulated it on your Fight Night video game then it would explain why your opinion is so disconnected from reality.

Comment

• Wow, it gets even better!
            Apparently there are "boxing fans with feminine tendencies" and true boxers, with true cognitive deficits .

Comment

• https://youtu.be/7ZMYOSoL4hA

hahahahahahahaha

Comment

• Comment

• Behind the scene and backstage from the GGG vs Brook fight. Also great footage from the ringside view of the fight.

Comment

• I'm over here drinking these haters' tears like

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                      Towards the end of the video, Eubank Snr says his son is "2 fights away" from being ready for Golovkin. So WTF did he ask Hearn to get him GGG NOW?
                      Last edited by kafkod; 09-14-2016, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X