No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
    Be honest with yourself & forget the date. You know Eubank hurts him right?.
    Has Eubank found his pen yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
      GGG looked terrible. He was sloppy and fought rushed. I think he's overrated. Size is what beat Brook. Kell has better skills than Golovkin. Highly unimpressed with the "great"GGG.
      GGG didn't use his "size" at all. He didn't fight on the inside at all. What he did was cut off the ring and apply sever pressure on Brook and he couldn't handle it and GGG started landing huge shots...

If Brook was the better fighter he would be able to move and avoid the pressure while landing his own shots like he did in round 2. GGG is the better fighter but Brook is pretty damn good himself..

Comment

• Props to Brook. Big risk to take this fight, he came to really fight, he's just not capable of taking what Golovkin dishes out, which everyone knew going in.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu
          View Post

Golovkin simply decided to walk right through "the smaller guy", and show no respect whatsoever... He later admitted that Brook isn't a MW and that the punches never bothered him...
          Originally posted by lightsout_finit
          I agree.
          I'm amazed people can't see that...
          People here just can't understand what they watch because they don't hold too much knowledge... Needless to say that you watch a different process in each fight... But never mind the "casuals" -- they have a good time and this is all that matters...

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            now you all know why he's called ''the special one'' and why people who know wtf they're talking about claim he is the best at welterweight.

brook would absolutely rip apart elroy spencer or whatever the **** the next american hypes called. He'd beat canelo's ass at whatever made up weight division he likes too and i'd put cold, hard cash on that.

Hopefully jacobs mans up or billy hoe if not i'd like to see ggg move up and stop wasting his time waiting on these jokers with their crazy demands.

Almost sad as talented as brook is that a ww goes up to fight such a monsterous punching mw where all these actual mw champions are excuse making.
            :anyword: ..

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Now you all know why he's called ''The special one'' and why people who know WTF they're talking about claim he is the best at welterweight.

Brook would absolutely rip apart Elroy Spencer or whatever the **** the next American hypes called. He'd beat Canelo's ass at whatever made up weight division he likes too and I'd put cold, hard cash on that.

Hopefully Jacobs mans up or Billy Hoe if not I'd like to see GGG move up and stop wasting his time waiting on these jokers with their crazy demands.

Almost sad as talented as Brook is that a WW goes up to fight such a monsterous punching MW where all these actual MW champions are excuse making.
              I always liked Brook...

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                Ima call bullshiiit on that.

All you gggroupies always say that dumb shiiit when he gets hit.

How about he doesnt really move his head much and is slow?
                Come on, man, he straight up walked at Brook uncaring. Not that Golovkin has great defense or anything but his approach here and against guys he knows can't hurt him is worlds different to the approach he takes against guys who can punch.

As soon as he hurt Brook he literally just walked at him without giving a ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                  I just don't buy it, you either weigh the same as someone or you don't (which Brook did) just like you are either naturally stronger than someone or you're not and If you're not you should find a way to deal with it.

What do you think other middleweights have to do in that situation when they can't take an inside battle?

Lara isn't naturally stronger than Canelo but he managed to box and move all night long I just see this as an easy excuses you'd have had no problem If Brook pulled off the upset that version of Brook would have likely caused a lot of other 160lbers problems but he just simply met someone who was too good for him.
                  It's not just about the weight itself, it's about what you are at the weight. Golovkin is a big, powerful guy cutting to middleweight, Kell was a blown up welter that stopped cutting in order to fight at middleweight and Golovkin himself said as much; 'he's not middleweight.'

Brook can make 147, Golovkin can't make 154; that is the size difference.

I wanted Kell to do it, but my position was clear; I believe he's more skilled, but Golovkin's natural size advantage will render that meaningless in the end.

Lara and Canelo are both counter punchers and 154 fighters, that's a totally different match-up in terms of style and size.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Come on, man, he straight up walked at Brook uncaring. Not that Golovkin has great defense or anything but his approach here and against guys he knows can't hurt him is worlds different to the approach he takes against guys who can punch.

As soon as he hurt Brook he literally just walked at him without giving a ****.
                    Which I also said above...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      GGG didn't use his "size" at all. He didn't fight on the inside at all. What he did was cut off the ring and apply sever pressure on Brook and he couldn't handle it and GGG started landing huge shots...

If Brook was the better fighter he would be able to move and avoid the pressure while landing his own shots like he did in round 2. GGG is the better fighter but Brook is pretty damn good himself..
                      don't tell people that...
                      they get offended
                      As if Brook's injury was merely a fluke
                      and the accumulation of punches didn't lower his punching rate tremendously by the fifth and how he was laying around in the ropes, with no intentions of countering at the latter stages of the fight

oops GGG looked slow, terrible, aged, lacked defensive skills, had a flu was tired and just about everyone can now beat him, that's right!

Comment

Working...
                      X