• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Lemieux isn't remotely skilled though

Brook is skilled, but way too small.
    Lemieux is powerful, but lacks skill.
    Canelo is skilled and powerful.

Would be a very good fight, but the lack of head movement is a real flaw.
    Thats how i could see the fight playing out Canelo need to have GGGs respect. Canelo could punch but opponents matter, will that power have the same effect on GGG. He was lighting Angulo up and still couldn't knock him down, i wonder if the rounds go on GGG pressure will be to much, its draining for fighters when that pressure is applied for 12. On the flip side Canelo would be the be bringing size and the best boxing skills GGG has yet to see.

Comment

• "Slicks" scandalized by GGG: "he got hit by the skilled Kell, doe"...

... Nobody noticed that GGG completely gave up his stiff jab after the first round... Do you think that he forgot how to use it?

Golovkin simply decided to walk right through "the smaller guy", and show no respect whatsoever... He later admitted that Brook isn't a MW and that the punches never bothered him...

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        I agree he looked much worse than usual. He was rushing - very atypical of him. Maybe because he was under notion he is fighting a welterweight.

But to say GGG beat him only because of size is totally off. Brook would beat pretty much all MW bar GGG with the fight he gave tonight. There is not many fighters who would be able to take the punches Brook was landing.

I pick him to beat Canelo at 154.
        Nice objective post, I will say this, GGG can really crack. I think the main reason why GGG didn't look that good tonight is because Brook is the best fighter he's faced by far. Brook is one of the best in the game imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Lemieux isn't remotely skilled though

Brook is skilled, but way too small.
          Lemieux is powerful, but lacks skill.
          Canelo is skilled and powerful.

Would be a very good fight, but the lack of head movement is a real flaw.
          you did not get it, GGG fight style is non-consistent as it depends of his opponent, and if youre paying attention he's looking for an early KO but abel argued its a 12 rd fight. That lack of head movement was as you said it, bullrushing, if you believe he'll fight like that in canelo then bet your house in it

Comment

• Originally posted by dranoel View Post
            5 round tko but Golovkin looks bad.
            I'm definitely from a different planet.

All of those shots Kell was throwing were hyped from the crowd and eating gloves.

He landed maybe 2 solid uppercuts, 2 solid right hands, and 1 hook, and 1 slap hook.

Congratulations, Kell Brook is master race.

Fight wasn't even close imo, good stoppage.
            And I'm pretty sure that was a knocked down from a tiny left hook when he slipped because right after that -- his eye was bothering him.
            He could of been a little more honest about how the body shots took a huge toll out of him as well. In the fifth round he gave up movement and stayed on the ropes -- clearly not something a fighter likes to do. And took a beating. Every jab that landed on him was lifting him off like 2 feet off the canvas lol
            D1ck sucking at its pathetic worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Fight told me what we already knew: if you keep G in the middle of the ring and pivot, he is less effective. If you back away instead of pivoting with shots, you will get beat.

G beats Canelo, that much is certain. Canelo isn't anywhere near as fast as Brook is. Canelo stopped inside of 6 rounds.

G definitely beats Saunders. Saunders fights on the backfoot. He'll get KO'd inside of 5 rounds.

G vs. Eubank? That fight really does interest me even more now. I think Chris has a chance. Same with Danny Jacobs.

But I DEFINITELY don't want to see Floyd fight G. It would be a boring 12 rounder with Floyd pulling Matrix-style dodging of punches to gas him down the stretch and tagging G with his lowest punch output ever. Floyd UD's him over 12 and a whole bunch of salty people talking about how he ran all night.
              I hope to God Floyd thinks the same thing you did.

If this fight gets the top fighters to finally give GGG a fight, then wonderful.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Fight told me what we already knew: if you keep G in the middle of the ring and pivot, he is less effective. If you back away instead of pivoting with shots, you will get beat.

G vs. Eubank? That fight really does interest me even more now. I think Chris has a chance. Same with Danny Jacobs.

But I DEFINITELY don't want to see Floyd fight G. It would be a boring 12 rounder with Floyd pulling Matrix-style dodging of punches to gas him down the stretch and tagging G with his lowest punch output ever. Floyd UD's him over 12 and a whole bunch of salty people talking about how he ran all night.
                Pretty much this.

Comment

• ggg basically treated this like a sparring session.he figured brook couldn't hurt him so he said *** it I'll go all in for the ko.ggg giving the fans what they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    at 154, Brook beats Canelo with ease. Willing to make a real bet if that fight every gets announced.

Canelo didn't stop Khan in 3 at his custom made weight...
                    Nope, Canelo put his opponent to sleep. Smoove out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS
                      Max Kellerman tweeted that Roy Jones said he heard Brook telling his corner to stop the fight at the end of four. If true it makes sense why the trainer threw the towel when he did. His eye was ****ed

I didn't see an eye needing any urgent hospital treatment, just smacks of we were never that serious here pull me out and save my ass for more paydays. Get the excuses in.

Comment

Working...
                      X