Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury: GGG is not as good as champion as WLAD, and I beat him...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed Wlad > GGG but not the same scenario. Fury was the bigger man and Wlad was well past it.

Comment

He beat a 41 year old boxer. If he had beaten him many years ago it would have been much more impressive. Wlad wasn't going to last forever. Someone was going to beat him eventually and it happened to be Fury. Fury fought him at the right time. No boxer except possibly Hopkins is remotely close to their prime at age 41. If Brook beats the 34 year old GGG it's a much more impressive win and a bigger upset than the 27 year old Fury beating the 41 year old Wlad.

Comment

Yet........Fury takes every chance possible to ridicule Wlad's ability and resume.

Comment

Brits are Brittin' it up for their boy. All good.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            He beat a 41 year old boxer. If he had beaten him many years ago it would have been much more impressive. Wlad wasn't going to last forever. Someone was going to beat him eventually and it happened to be Fury. Fury fought him at the right time. No boxer except possibly Hopkins is remotely close to their prime at age 41. If Brook beats the 34 year old GGG it's a much more impressive win and a bigger upset than the 27 year old Fury beating the 41 year old Wlad.
            ^ This exactly. Great post. Fury wouldn't have beaten a prime Wlad. Not in his wildest dream on his best day. I will be surprised if he even wins the rematch.

Comment

Golovkin is not a 40 year old who relied on a size advantage and looked lost without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                Your point?.......
                He's talking about how big of a deal it was that he beat Wlad. I hate Wlad like the devil, but even I would admit that neither guy did nothing to later brag to the press that they "kicked ass" or whatever. So point being, STFU and just enjoy the GGG-Brook fight, regardless of who you're pulling for.

Comment

Not as accomplished champion, but a way better fighter.

Comment

Working...
                  X