Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin 167.8, Kell Brook 168 - IBF's Fight Day Weighin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    You are just ******ed man, GGG fought at 141 in the amateurs at age 18,19.
    Geale, Monroe, Murray, Stevens smaller than GGG? Stevens fought at LHW early in his career, Geale started his career at 160 and now fights at 168 because he cant make the weight. Monroe is a career MW.
    Murray is also bigger than GGG, and is fighting at 168 now.

When Gennady Golovkin was 18 years old he fought at Light Welterweight (141lb) in the amateurs.

Andre Ward fought at Middleweight (165lb) and Light Heavyweight (176lb) in the amateurs at the age of 18.
    When Ward turned pro, he had a couple fights at MW (160lb)

When Canelo was 18 years old, Canelo fought at Welterweight in the Pros. (147lb)

When Kell Brook was 18 years old, Brook fought at Welterweight (147lb) in the Pros.

There is that myth that some fighters moved up alot in weight and some others did not.
    Golovkin was in the Kazakh amateur program and didn't turn pro until age 24.
    Ward turned pro at Age 20.
    Brook and Canelo were already in the Professinal Rankings at age 18.

Summary
    Age 18 and now, how much did each fighter move up?

Golovkin 141lb > 160, moved up 19lb
    Ward 165-176lb > 168-175, moved up 0lb
    Brook 147lb > 147-160, moved up 13lb
    Canelo 147lb > 154-155, moved up 8lb

Ward, after turning pro, had a couple fights at MW (160lb), which would put Ward at moving up 15lb from his lowest weight.
    Golovkin is a career middle weight,all of the stuff you listing is either arbitrary,irrelevant or both. For example I could post both Kell and Golovkin's weight divisions at age 29 or 30. Age is irrelevant when it comes to weight,which you would know if you weren't ******ed man.

Comment

Let's go Golovkin! End that fools life!

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        He looks worse tho, maybe a sign of aging. Gets harder to cut weight as you get older.

But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Maybe GGG will look the same as ever in the ring, where it matters.
        I don't know how he looked worse? He looked a little tired, but even that's subjective and would be attributed to the time zone/biorhythm change of the early weigh in.

I fully expect Golovkin to be his typical terminator-self.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Gennady Golovkin and Kell Brook each made weight for the IBF's on-the-day weigh-in. The pair, who will clash for GGG's' WBC, IBF and IBO middleweight world titles at London's O2 Arena, exclusively live on Sky Sports Box Office, tonight, were inside the 10-pound limit.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          Brook is the slightly bigger man.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
            Golovkin has had some type of size advantage over most of his foes since he came to America. Lemuix, Stevens, Monroe, Brook,Geale,Rosado,Macklin were all either shorter in stature or moving up in weight. Golovkin has fought at middle or higher since the ams, he isn't a small middle by any stretch of the imagination.
            From his last 10 fights, he was outweighed 8 times.

Facts > b s.

Comment

and alvared' sorry ass comes in the ring on fight night weighing cruiser and his punk@ss says his body isn't ready to fight at 160. puss(y)

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                From his last 10 fights, he was outweighed 8 times.

Facts > b s.
                arbitrary and irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  First off this is normal for Golovkin. His IBF morning weigh-in vs Lemieux was 168.6lbs.
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/ibf-same-...ux-1692--97067

Second off, there's zero sign he's struggling with his weight b/c everything's the same as it's always been. The majority of his fights he weighs in at 159.0lbs. Vs Murray in Monaco he was 158.9lbs, that's 0.1lbs heavier than he was for Brook.

As far as how he looks flat - biorhythm/time change. The weigh-in was 1pm UK time which is 5am Los Angeles time. His body is normally asleep then.
                  Best answer on this thread....sometimes we can have 10 hours in bed and a deep deep sleep...and then wake and feel under the weather with no energy....I know we think of golovkin as a cyborg or terminator but he's human and can't always be 100% fit and healthy.....I have no issues that when brook faces off with golovkin....golovkin will be fit and ready to fight.....brook has to pull of a miracle to win this fight....best of luck to him

Comment

Working...
                  X